LaunchBox Community Forums

How to have subcategories

dukey3784

6 minutes ago, dukey3784 said:

I imported my roms in launchbox but there are no subcategories, ie... Light Gun Games, Racing Games, Fighting Games.  I remember clicking the option to add subcategories.  How can I fix this?  Thank you!

Those are added as playlists, not category's, so you need to be in Playlist's view, or you need to edit the Playlist's to show under a "Parent" Platform Category, or Platform.

1 minute ago, dukey3784 said:

Thank you.  I see the playlist now.  But it is not shown in Big Box.  I run my system via Big Box.  How do i fix this in Big Box?  Thanks again.

The same way i said above, you can set a button in Bigbox to go into the playlist view, or you can get to it in the menu. However if you want them shown when you click on your Arcade platform, you will need to add them to the Arcade parent as i described above in Launchbox and that will carry across to Bigbox.