LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Model 2 emulator not launching games from Launchbox

DeekLoo

5 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

Is this what you are talking about.

emulator.exe location.PNG

Yes.

Either should be able to run. But as Neil and Dos said I would also recommend using the multicpu exe. In my images I changed it to the standard one just to test your settings and make sure it ran.

26 minutes ago, DeekLoo said:

After changing it, it will still launch from within the emulator but it still wont launch from launchbox.

I am at a loss. I was wondering if it was the relative path as I had an odd issue with a specific game playing before and when I changed the path from showing relative to the full path it worked. Not sure why it would matter, but it did. I notice though that even after changing it is still showing relative ::\::\m2emulator\emulator_multicpu.exe versus showing the full M:\Program Files (86x)\m2emulator\emulator_multicpu.exe

1 minute ago, DeekLoo said:

How do I change it from relative path to full path?

When you selected the multi_cpu it should have changed it to full path. You can just copy and paste the path there. Just something to test and see. Like I said I had an odd issue with a relative path before. So would not hurt to try.

I don't know what happened. when I tried typing out the whole path instead of copy and pasting it. it stopped giving me and error message. But now it is back to just launching the emulator and not the game.

new.PNG

Model 2 emulator launched.PNG

Edited by DeekLoo

I'm not sure I understand. Are you asking if I have the program installed in Program files on my C drive? If that is what you are asking. The answer is no. I have the emulator installed on my M drive. The M drive is where I have always had it installed. I didn't move it from the C drive.

Edited by DeekLoo

No I'm asking if its the official programs file that is usually made on your C drive but I know in Windows you can move it to another drive. If its just some folder that you created there to add your programs to that location then it shouldn't be a issue if its the official folder then it is know to cause permission issues when using LB from there. I'm basically grasping at straws because by appearance it looks as if you have everything setup correctly and I can't think of any other reason it isn't working.

So, I finally got it to work. It's not Ideal but it now launches directly into the games. I had to move the emulator to the root of my D drive. And I also had to create a roms folder withing the emulator folder putting my games in there. I also had to keep roms in my Launchbox folder.  I then deleted the platform and the emulator from launchbox.  I then re added them directing launchbox to the new emulator location and importing the roms but telling launchbox to not move them to the launchbox directory. Now when I go underneath platforms it shows my roms being in Games\Sega Model 2 but in my emulator INi. I have the rom path set as the rom folder within my D drive. And it now launches directly into  the game.   I will post pictures to show what I am talking about.

Edited by DeekLoo