LaunchBox Community Forums

Volume Keys in Big Box

vaderag

I have an issue where, in big box, when I use a volume key shortcut (whatever it may be, i've tried a few) the volume change gets stuck

I have an idea it might actually be somewhat related to the overlay or something but this could be totally off the mark, but basically even a single press of the volume up leads to the overlay freezing and keeping pressing volume up, or just doing one and the volume overlay stays there with focus (the behaviour is really erratic!)

It basically leads to a crash of the machine, it's all still running but I have to try for AGES to Alt-Tab or CTRL-ALT-Delete and more often than not leads to me having to hard reboot the machine

(This is super annoying as it leads to corrupted config files, which, BTW @Jason Carr is there any way we can just have auto restore from backup if they're detected to be corrupted?)

Is this a known issue? Am I just unlucky? Anyone got any ideas?

It's been doing it since I started using Big Box but i've only just now got around to reporting it 

8 hours ago, vaderag said:

I have an issue where, in big box, when I use a volume key shortcut (whatever it may be, i've tried a few) the volume change gets stuck

I have an idea it might actually be somewhat related to the overlay or something but this could be totally off the mark, but basically even a single press of the volume up leads to the overlay freezing and keeping pressing volume up, or just doing one and the volume overlay stays there with focus (the behaviour is really erratic!)

It basically leads to a crash of the machine, it's all still running but I have to try for AGES to Alt-Tab or CTRL-ALT-Delete and more often than not leads to me having to hard reboot the machine

(This is super annoying as it leads to corrupted config files, which, BTW @Jason Carr is there any way we can just have auto restore from backup if they're detected to be corrupted?)

Is this a known issue? Am I just unlucky? Anyone got any ideas?

It's been doing it since I started using Big Box but i've only just now got around to reporting it 

This is not something I've seen or heard of before, so unfortunately it probably comes down to a misbehaving driver, or something of that nature. I'd try updating all drivers (especially video drivers) to see if that makes any difference.

29 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This is not something I've seen or heard of before, so unfortunately it probably comes down to a misbehaving driver, or something of that nature. I'd try updating all drivers (especially video drivers) to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks, but I already tried that with no luck. It's a really weird issue

28 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

We could do an auto-restore from backup, but I can see that being a confusing thing, so we'd have to prompt about it first.

I think it works be super useful - if Big Box crashes or gets terminated unexpectedly I have to go through each file and see whether that's corrupted, but you only get the name of the first file tested so you have to reload every time, for usually about 5 files. It's painful so anything to help out this situation would be much appreciated!

A prompt useful, but given there isn't really much other option in this situation I wonder if it's even necessary - it's either restore or have launch box / big box not load!

• 7 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, bitemeoftn said:

I have a similar issue except only volume down works.  Volume up works in LaunchBox but not once I launch BigBox.  Really weird.

Check your Big Box key and controller button bindings to make sure you don't have any duplicate bindings (the same key or button assigned to multiple entries).