LaunchBox Community Forums

unified theme platform fade timer

greypimps

i having an issue locating where to change the platform fading delay time.. see when i scroll to another platform it just disappear into a black screen with plaform an info on bottom but is there a way i can have the platform or wheel visible?? it just fade as default it dont look good, ws hoping it would stay up until i hit enter or something..

22 hours ago, greypimps said:

i having an issue locating where to change the platform fading delay time.. see when i scroll to another platform it just disappear into a black screen with plaform an info on bottom but is there a way i can have the platform or wheel visible?? it just fade as default it dont look good, ws hoping it would stay up until i hit enter or something..

In the theme's folder go into the views folder. You will need to edit the platform view xaml for the view you are using in BigBox. Edit the xampl file with something like Notepad++. Look for the section of code below in the "Fading Wheel" spot and change the "Value="0" in the last EasingDoubleKeyFrame line to read "1" instead of "0" (It is the line I have highlighted). You might also want to do the same in the section for the "Pointer".

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 5.26.59 PM.png

• 10 months later...
On 3/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, Retro808 said:

In the theme's folder go into the views folder. You will need to edit the platform view xaml for the view you are using in BigBox. Edit the xampl file with something like Notepad++. Look for the section of code below in the "Fading Wheel" spot and change the "Value="0" in the last EasingDoubleKeyFrame line to read "1" instead of "0" (It is the line I have highlighted). You might also want to do the same in the section for the "Pointer".

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 5.26.59 PM.png

Is there a way to keep the fading wheel and pointer but a slower fade and when you move the controller it comes back ?  Currently it fades out immediately and never comes back....:?

On 1/18/2021 at 2:04 PM, WInzen said:

Is there a way to keep the fading wheel and pointer but a slower fade and when you move the controller it comes back ?  Currently it fades out immediately and never comes back....:?

It should come back. Does when I test it. Just edit the KeyTime.  An example below makes the fade occur slowly over a 3 second period. You can extend or shorten it by changing the KeyTime.

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
	    <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
	        <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:3.0" Value="0.15"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Retro808 said:

It should come back. Does when I test it. Just edit the KeyTime.  An example below makes the fade occur slowly over a 3 second period. You can extend or shorten it by changing the KeyTime.

<!-- FADING WHEEL -->
	    <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.0" Value="1"/>
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.8" Value="1"/>
	        <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:3.0" Value="0.15"/>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Thanks i wondered if that work and it did haha I need to get better at copying and backing up these files then making changes to see effects without worrying Ill destroy all the work ive done haha

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, gh0stp1rate said:

Any way to get rid or hide the game's community rating info? Unchecking this option doesn't do it.

Depending on the view you are using you should be able to go into the theme's \Views folder and edit the xml for that view. Search for "rating" and there should be at least 2 Text Blocks coded for the rating. You can delete those text block lines of code. I would back up the xml first before doing this in case any gets messed up.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Depending on the view you are using you should be able to go into the theme's \Views folder and edit the xml for that view. Search for "rating" and there should be at least 2 Text Blocks coded for the rating. You can delete those text block lines of code. I would back up the xml first before doing this in case any gets messed up.

Thanks man that worked!