LaunchBox Community Forums

How to tell what needs a CHD?

Tackett1980

Hey all,

so I’ve been trying to get some of the chds to some of the more popular games.  Problem is I need to download them separately.  I can’t just shove an additional 7 million gigs in my build.  

is there a list somewhere of all the .218 roms that require CHDs?  Or is there a way I can figure it out so that I can pick the ones I want to use and hide the rest?

Plan B:  (I love always giving options :) )

Open MAME (mame64.exe)

Click on "Custom Filter"

Add your filter(s)image.png.26322aeda19ac73034fc8929e831efcd.png"Return to previous Menu"

You can view them there, or click the yellow disk and "Export displayed list to file".image.thumb.png.f28fe099caaaeb19a1e1ec5c10ce85b1.pngIf you choose TXT format, it'll look something like this...image.thumb.png.76077d596cbb0db1a0988ae1b21ac390.png  

34 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Plan B:  (I love always giving options :) )

Open MAME (mame64.exe)

Click on "Custom Filter"

Add your filter(s)image.png.26322aeda19ac73034fc8929e831efcd.png"Return to previous Menu"

You can view them there, or click the yellow disk and "Export displayed list to file".image.thumb.png.f28fe099caaaeb19a1e1ec5c10ce85b1.pngIf you choose TXT format, it'll look something like this...image.thumb.png.76077d596cbb0db1a0988ae1b21ac390.png  

THANK YOU!

This leads me to another question though.

primal rage 2, tekken 4, tekken 5, soul caliber 2 and 3...

I know these don’t actually work, but they are listed here So I’m assuming that other non-functional ones are listed as well.  Is there a way to filter out the non-functional ones? Other than the obvious way of checking it against the ones the importer actually imported.