LaunchBox Community Forums

Enable hotkey option in retroarch not there?

Tackett1980

Do you have advanced settings toggled on? In the retroarch.cfg file it is here:

menu_show_advanced_settings = "true"

You can also enable hotkey via the CFG file and modify the exit button manually as well (my buttons are left shoulder and back button for exit below):

input_enable_hotkey = "shift"
input_enable_hotkey_btn = "4"
input_exit_emulator_btn = "7"

Edited by sundogak

57 minutes ago, sundogak said:

You can also enable hotkey via the CFG file and modify the exit button manually as well (my buttons are left shoulder and back button for exit below):

Well yes I was able to get the hotkeys functional by adjusting the cfg file.  I did not try turning on the advanced settings I will try that tommorrow.

Something is really screwy because freaking retroarch crashes whenever I try to load a rom through big box.  I back out and load the same dang rom through retroarch by itself and it works perfectly.  I try to load it through launch box no problems there.  Start up big box, load a rom and “retroarch has stopped working”.  How stupid.

also, my encoders are detected as n64 retro-dingus or whatever.  They are not detected As dragonrise generic usb encoder like it’s supposed to be.  So I had to manually map every button and re-save the automapping so I didn’t have to repeat it all for player 2.  What’s really screwy is that my start and select buttons work on every game except capcom games for some screw ball reason.  Some games neither button works, some games the player 1 select button won’t work...it makes no sense.  It’s only capcom games.  I can load up aliens and everything works normally.  I can add coins, play the game, exit the game no problem (except in big box where it crashes and won’t load).  I load up mvc and the player 1 select button doesn’t work.  I load up avp or 1944 and neither button works.  I go to the settings and the mapping is set correctly. 

im really starting to regret swapping my pi out for this headache.

9 hours ago, sundogak said:

Ok, I set advanced settings to true and the hotkey option is still not showing in the menu.  What gives with this?

I would try a new RA install to a separate directory from your current RA install and see if the issue pops up on new install.  When I have fried my RA install for whatever reason in past have done that and if it works on the new install, then copy my CFGs, config folder, System folder, overlays folder,  and saves folder over in stepped manner.  Somewhat of a pain but usually can find the problem item that way. Most times it was a corrupted/wonky setting in CFG file (although looked fine). 

4 hours ago, sundogak said:

I would try a new RA install to a separate directory from your current RA install and see if the issue pops up on new install.  When I have fried my RA install for whatever reason in past have done that and if it works on the new install, then copy my CFGs, config folder, System folder, overlays folder,  and saves folder over in stepped manner.  Somewhat of a pain but usually can find the problem item that way. Most times it was a corrupted/wonky setting in CFG file (although looked fine). 

I got it figured out, but it’s really odd.

the hotkeys work just fine in games other than capcom games.  The button I set as a hotkey does not work in the game but it works for every other rom. 

weird no?