LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox CRITICAL ERROR OCCURRED

spidercenk

3 days ago, I renewed my license for 1 year. I paid $ 10 on my credit card at a discount. I updated the launchbox and got this error. 

'CRITICAL ERROR OCCURRED. Your system has produced unexpected results and LaunchBox cannot continue. Please report the issue on the LaunchBox forums and we will help you resolve the issue. Error code:

21 minutes ago, spidercenk said:

I bought it from my friend. He said I don't use it anymore and he gave it to me. 

I said I should use it because I could not get out of the house and these happened to me.

Well, where ever you friend got it from it is a known pirated license. It is always best to support the developer and purchase from the LaunchBox site. 

You can email support@unbrokensoftware.com and explain the situation. Especially since you said you bought the renewal a few days ago.

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, mickyboy said:

I am receiving Error code  when trying to download Launchbox ,what does this mean and can it be fixed.?

Please see our above response to this issue. Same thing applies to your issue.

The license you are using has been flagged as being pirated/shared amongst users.

If you feel this is incorrect email support@unbrokensoftware.com with a copy of the license you are using and explain the issue.

2 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

I am not using a premium copy of this and do not require a licence as far as i am awear so there should be NO  pirated  version to begin with

Well that error code you posted only appears when a pirated license is being used as that is the reason the code was created.

So check inside your \LaunchBox folder and if you see a file called License.xml remove it and try again.

1 minute ago, mickyboy said:

I am not using a premium copy of this and do not require a licence as far as i am awear so there should be NO  pirated  version to begin with

Look in your Launchbox folder, is there a license.xml file in there? if so remove it, as its banned and will prevent you using even the free version.

• 1 year later...

Hello, Im setting up my brother in laws mobile device and i upsold to the premium mobile version. He bought it directly from you. Im in the process of configuring his device still but now my desktop launchbox has this error and i read here thats a shared license error. Not sure how i can have this error on a free version of Launchbox. 

I do plan to use his premium mobile license on my mobile device eventually as i read i could have it on as many devices as i want... but i havnt done that yet, as im still working on his device....and somehow i have an error on my free desktop version of launchbox now. Not sure if these are related or not. If i cant use his license thats fine, i dont have room for more games nor do i really game... but I would like my free desktop version operational again. I think its upset im configuring someone elses phone? Or that he bought the prem version? Idk I havnt played my launchbox account in a long time but errors bug me. Especially one that thinks im a thief when i feel like i just upsold your product to someone to show my love of your product 😂 Big fan of your stuff! Any help would be awesome

Thank you!

DJ

Ahh i had a his mobile backup files in the same folder as my launchbox and i think it was pulling in his license. Deleted it from there as i saw the above post and it fixed it.... But his license is brand new bought directly from you so... find that odd either way. 

I got it all working, posted a min too soon. haha

Thanks for the help message board community!