LaunchBox Community Forums

Cemu issue

zetec-s-joe

18 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Hi everyone

I have Cemu setup and working very well inside LB/BB, but my issue is when i change from OpenGL to Vulkan LB/BB fails to load games (work fine still outside of LB/BB)

I get an error saying

Error initializing Vulkan Renderor

Again, all working fine outside of LB/BB

I think this is a known Cemu issue. I saw some forum and reddit posts of users having the same issue. It seems to be related to command line loading when used with Vulkan. So it was mentioned some frontends were having issues. Here is a Cemu bug log from 12/2019 on it. I have seen some recent posts in February. So this may not have been fixed.

• The Cake is a Lie 1

Actually, Cemu with OpenGL on an nVidia card is actually quite a bit faster than Vulkan on nVidia at this time... provided you tweak some nVidia control panel settings to enable/disable certain features for Cemu.  Here's a link to a good video about what settings to tweak in the control panel to give you max performance out of your nVidia card:

FYI, although I agree with how BSOD setup the above, the one part I would suggest maybe not doing is the custom timings.  I would suggest leaving those to default cemu and not QPC/1MS as he suggests. Although it's working now, in the past when you use those settings and try to launch games via command line it would prevent the emulator from loading properly.  Once you set those settings back to the cemu default settings, you could load games properly again via command line.  There's very little (if any) performance difference with those settings in particular, and my toughts are if they broke it once they might break it again... so why bother changing those settings heh

Edited by CDBlue
extra info added