LaunchBox Community Forums

arcade stick

vince-p

Hello everybody,

Could you recommend me an arcade stick to play with my bigbox?

I would like a stick that doesn't require to manage control (i 'm very bad at configuring controls..).I would like a stick "plug and play" like my "xbox 360 controller.."

For you information, I already have a x-arcade tankstick but i unfornatunately lost the "usb adapter cable"..So; i hesitate to buy an adapter (is it plug and play with bigbox?) or to buy another one (my budget is 100 euros maximum...)

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Thank you for your answer.So, "Xinput" means that it is "plug and play" with bigbox without configuring anything?

What about my X-arcade tankstick if i buy the USB cable adapter? Do you know if i need to configure something?thank you

3 minutes ago, vince-p said:

Thank you for your answer.So, "Xinput" means that it is "plug and play" with bigbox without configuring anything?

What about my X-arcade tankstick if i buy the USB cable adapter? Do you know if i need to configure something?thank you

Xinput is part of directx that was created by Microsoft and is part of Windows. It is the standard these days for controller support on Windows, and is also what the xbox controllers are using. So any xinput controller will be seen by Windows as a xbox controller.

if it is just the stick you are looking for this is probably one of the best ones you can get made by ULTIMARC. 

• True analog "engine". Full-motion "flight-stick" type control for today's games for which a switch-type stick is simply not enough.
  • On-board high-speed USB 2.0 interface. No need for any special interface board.
  • State-of-the-art sensing technology. No pots or other electrical contacts to wear out
  • User-definable IDs allow 4 joysticks to be plugged into a PC and individually controlled
  • On-board interface which can optionally be used in two auto-detecting

https://retroactivearcade.ca/collections/joysticks/products/ultrastik-360