LaunchBox Community Forums

steam not showing games to import

Tackett1980

Ive been setting up my steam games and so far its worked ok.   However, I had an old account that had CD keys for a bunch of games from like 15 years ago that I recently recovered.  I added this account to my existing account under family sharing and started downloading the games.

half life, half life 2, half life 2 episode 1, 2 and lost coast, blue shift, opposing forces, and portal to be exact.  

For some reason, the steam importer only finds the games involved with half life 2.  It doesnt even give me the option to import the other things.

any ideas?

To my knowledge family sharing simply lets you play it from the other account while they are not online, you do not own them on that account and so it doesn't show in your library when the API is called. You would have two options from what I can tell.

Manually add the games and put the correct application path in (would then be able to pull metadata and media for the title as normal (even from Steam)

OR

Put the other account information in the import tool and run it. From that point on, you wouldn't need to log into the other account ever again because LaunchBox doesn't send any account information to Steam, just simply states "Hey run this game for me!" and tosses Steam the app number.

46 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

To my knowledge family sharing simply lets you play it from the other account while they are not online, you do not own them on that account and so it doesn't show in your library when the API is called. You would have two options from what I can tell.

Manually add the games and put the correct application path in (would then be able to pull metadata and media for the title as normal (even from Steam)

OR

Put the other account information in the import tool and run it. From that point on, you wouldn't need to log into the other account ever again because LaunchBox doesn't send any account information to Steam, just simply states "Hey run this game for me!" and tosses Steam the app number.

Can I have both accounts used through launchbox at the same time?

Its weird though because The half life-2 stuff is on that other account and that imported.  

No not at the same time, but the only thing LB uses your account name and API key is the import, everything else is a public API. Half-Life 2 is play for free weekend right now, wondering if that has something to do with those showing up.