LaunchBox Community Forums

videos directory

norkan

hello I have a videos folder on which I have thousand of videos in front of a roms folder with thousands of roms files with same root name.

example: roms\1942.zip -> videos\1942.flv ...

so I could import roms but how to configure the whole system for searching all of the videos in the good folder ?

I can do it for a single game but how to do it for a whole system ?

Than you!

27 minutes ago, norkan said:

hello I have a videos folder on which I have thousand of videos in front of a roms folder with thousands of roms files with same root name.

example: roms\1942.zip -> videos\1942.flv ...

so I could import roms but how to configure the whole system for searching all of the videos in the good folder ?

I can do it for a single game but how to do it for a whole system ?

Than you!

Launchbox by default will look for game videos in the folder path below.

\Launchbox\Videos\{Platform Name}\

So for example Arcade platform game videos would be  \Launchbox\Videos\Arcade\

You can also point each platform to another folder by right clicking on the platform name in LaunchBox and editing it. Then in the folder tab change the video path to the folder of choice.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.16.49 AM.png

Actually it does not work:

image.thumb.png.baec87c32a945a9a88134be4b2abaaf5.png

I moved video folder, that do not change anything

I had imported roms from launchbox outside folder and ask to let the files in original place, the "game" folder is still in launchbox arborescence.

If i import roms fils with videos in a "medias" subdirectory it creates doublon and videos appear in games list......!!!

If I open BigBox and select a game, ask it to open images folder it opens launchbox subdirectory also I set outside medias folder as images source......

Do this media manager do work? I have spent 2 hours on it..... :(

It seems I drop my money

4 minutes ago, norkan said:

Actually it does not work:

image.thumb.png.baec87c32a945a9a88134be4b2abaaf5.png

I moved video folder, that do not change anything

I had imported roms from launchbox outside folder and ask to let the files in original place, the "game" folder is still in launchbox arborescence.

If i import roms fils with videos in a "medias" subdirectory it creates doublon and videos appear in games list......!!!

If I open BigBox and select a game, ask it to open images folder it opens launchbox subdirectory also I set outside medias folder as images source......

Do this media manager do work? I have spent 2 hours on it..... :(

It seems I drop my money

You do not "import" the videos. Just tell Launchbox where they are like you have in your image and also make sure you have videos turned on in Tools/Options/Legacy/Game Details. Also i see in your original post you say the path is "videos/1942.flv, are the video files actually flash? As im not sure if flash is supported or not.

On 4/1/2020 at 6:04 PM, neil9000 said:

You do not "import" the videos. Just tell Launchbox where they are like you have in your image and also make sure you have videos turned on in Tools/Options/Legacy/Game Details. Also i see in your original post you say the path is "videos/1942.flv, are the video files actually flash? As im not sure if flash is supported or not.

I also test with .mp4, it does not work either

There is something particuler: in bigbox, I select a game, no video, i choose to see the video in fullscreen mode, the video appear in full screen!

So it is not a question of file format or parameter.....

Would you have an idea ? Thank you

13 minutes ago, norkan said:

I also test with .mp4, it does not work either

There is something particuler: in bigbox, I select a game, no video, i choose to see the video in fullscreen mode, the video appear in full screen!

So it is not a question of file format or parameter.....

Would you have an idea ? Thank you

What theme are you using? Not all themes or views within themes use videos.