LaunchBox Community Forums

What happened to "Export to Android" option in 10.12?

PopoWow

I can understand them having their reasons for stopping development, but I don't understand why they'd have to remove the export option. I still use the app on my phone and Nvidia Shield TV and would like to keep my games up-to-date. I really hope they at least give you a toggle in the settings for it. Otherwise I just feel cheated out of $5...

1 minute ago, Afro Pear said:

I can understand them having their reasons for stopping development, but I don't understand why they'd have to remove the export option. I still use the app on my phone and Nvidia Shield TV and would like to keep my games up-to-date. I really hope they at least give you a toggle in the settings for it. Otherwise I just feel cheated out of $5...

The app has a built in importer these days, you dont need the export option. Just add your roms to the folder on your device and scan.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The app has a built in importer these days, you dont need the export option. Just add your roms to the folder on your device and scan.

I have not had a good experience with the built in importer as it has tenancies to freeze and crash the app (on both my phone and Shield TV). Considering it won't be updated anymore, I can't expect that to get any better. I also have custom artwork loaded into my setup which can't be added via the built in importer. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand why it had to be removed from the desktop app. Can that be added back in a future update? Or can I at least download the last version it was in?

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am very disappointed. The only reason I bought LaunchBox (for Android) was, that I wanted to "master" a MicroSD card on my desktop, meaning I would create the full database on the PC with LaunchBox desktop, and then export the full set to the card and insert it into my ShieldTV.

I understand, if the developers stop Android development due to economic reasons, but taking away features, that people already payed for, is not economic to those users. Please, respect those 5%, who payed for the Android version, and give us back the "export" feature. It's just so much better to manage large file collections with a desktop. Thank you.

Edited by amix