LaunchBox Community Forums

High Scores don’t work with .7z Roms

Devilquest

Hello,

I have all my MAME roms compressed in .7z and Launchbox don’t download the high scores tables or recognize it as High Score supported. I’ve tried with .zip compressed roms and works perfectly.

There’s any way to get .7z compressed roms to work with the new high scores feature? Or any plans to support 7z in the future?

Thank you.

Just now, Devilquest said:

Hello,

I have all my MAME roms compressed in .7z and Launchbox don’t download the high scores tables or recognize it as High Score supported. I’ve tried with .zip compressed roms and works perfectly.

There’s any way to get .7z compressed roms to work with the new high scores feature? Or any plans to support 7z in the future?

Thank you.

That doesnt sound right, Launchbox isnt touching the roms. The hi score feature is handled by MAME and the hiscore plugin as well as hi2txt. Ill pass this on to Jason though.

I just tested it.  My MAME roms are in 7z and have not been able to see the leader boards on the right-hand pane [LB] (during the betas and now with the official release).  I figured I just had to get my game on and make the board before they'd show.

I renamed the file ext (in edit game) to zip (even though they're still in 7z format) and they showed up.  I was like magic. :) 

2 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I just tested it.  My MAME roms are in 7z and have not been able to see the leader boards on the right-hand pane [LB] (during the betas and now with the official release).  I figured I just had to get my game on and make the board before they'd show.

I renamed the file ext (in edit game) to zip (even though they're still in 7z format) and they showed up.  I was like magic. :) 

Hmm interesting. I have tagged Jason in our moderator discord server with a link to this thread, so hopefully he can take a look once he is up.

5 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

7 hours ago, Devilquest said:

Hello,

Thank you.

10.13 has just been released that should fix the 7z issue.