LaunchBox Community Forums

NES/SNES images not downloading (games have LB DB ID)

Hohlraum

If I 'Edit' the individual games I see they have a LaunchBox DB ID associated with them and the meta-data is populated.  I have to manually 'Download Images/Media' for each game to get images for that one game shows up.  Rinse repeat.  I've tried the various Download/Refresh Missing media type options and nothing.  Any thoughts?  Is there some other magical menu? :)

2 minutes ago, Hohlraum said:

If I 'Edit' the individual games I see they have a LaunchBox DB ID associated with them and the meta-data is populated.  I have to manually 'Download Images/Media' for each game to get images for that one game shows up.  Rinse repeat.  I've tried the various Download/Refresh Missing media type options and nothing.  Any thoughts?  Is there some other magical menu? :)

Do you mean when you first import them they do not download? Then you have to edit each game manually to get the images?

Can you right click a game and edit than share and image of that edit screen. Do this for a game without images.

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Do you mean when you first import them they do not download? Then you have to edit each game manually to get the images?

Can you right click a game and edit than share and image of that edit screen. Do this for a game without images.

I found the problem. I think this has to be classified as a bug.  I renamed the 'title' of Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System to NES and SNES respectively.  The original downloads went into the expanded name folders but then the folder paths for the platform were changed to the shortened versions. 

1 minute ago, Hohlraum said:

I found the problem. I think this has to be classified as a bug.  I renamed the 'title' of Nintendo Entertainment System and Super Nintendo Entertainment System to NES and SNES respectively.  The original downloads went into the expanded name folders but then the folder paths for the platform were changed to the shortened versions. 

Thats expected behaviour. If you change the platform name new folders with that name are created and media is then stored there.

3 minutes ago, Hohlraum said:

That's not a bug that is how it works. If you change the platform name LB does not rename folders. It creates new ones based on the name you changed it to. The reason it does not change folder names is for users that might point LB to folders outside the LB structure. Like those that use images for multiple frontends.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats expected behaviour. If you change the platform name new folders with that name are created and media is then stored there.

Then scanning for missing media should redownload right? .. or changing it back should rename them back.  it does none of those things.

Edited by Hohlraum

4 minutes ago, Hohlraum said:

Then scanning for missing media should redownload right? .. or changing it back so rename them back.  it does none of those things.

If the old named folder still has images in them just rename that folder to the exact new name of the platform. Then go into the platform highlight all games, right click an refresh images.