LaunchBox Community Forums

Controlling big box with 360 controller

manny1985

Hey Guy im new to big box as i just bought the license can someone tell me why my controller is working on launchbox and not big box? Also how do i access the tools menu in big box mode? I love this front end but i am getting frustrated at why my controller is not working in big box mode! i have a ton of content but its kind of worthless to me if i can only access the content with a keyboard only. i need to know things like how to back out of a game when in the game .

9 minutes ago, manny1985 said:

Hey Guy im new to big box as i just bought the license can someone tell me why my controller is working on launchbox and not big box? Also how do i access the tools menu in big box mode? I love this front end but i am getting frustrated at why my controller is not working in big box mode! i have a ton of content but its kind of worthless to me if i can only access the content with a keyboard only. i need to know things like how to back out of a game when in the game .

It may not be working in BigBox because you may not have controllers turned on in the settings and the controller mapped. It has been a while so I do not remember if it is on by default. LB and BB have separate controller bindings that need to be set up. You would need to use a keyboard to access the menus to get it set. Escape and Enter on a keyboard should get you moving.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 2.38.20 PM.png

5 minutes ago, manny1985 said:

You need to turn controller support on in Bigbox as well. Use Escape to get to the options and use arrow keys and Enter to navigate and select, and escape to go back. Just navigate to the controller section and enable it and select your specific controller. You can then also go to the "Mappings" section and set specific functions to specific buttons.