LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Pause Menu - Not working with MAME

ShawnS

So far MAME is the only emulator I'm using outside of RetroArch. With every RA core the BigBox pause menu opens just fine but with MAME it will pause the game but not present the Pause Menu. In LaunchBox it works perfectly so it's something specific to BigBox or maybe the COLORFUL theme I'm using, right? Had a look around but didn't see any posts with this specific version of pause menu problems. Appreciate any suggestions, I'm still new with LB, and BB especially. 

17 hours ago, ShawnS said:

So far MAME is the only emulator I'm using outside of RetroArch. With every RA core the BigBox pause menu opens just fine but with MAME it will pause the game but not present the Pause Menu. In LaunchBox it works perfectly so it's something specific to BigBox or maybe the COLORFUL theme I'm using, right? Had a look around but didn't see any posts with this specific version of pause menu problems. Appreciate any suggestions, I'm still new with LB, and BB especially. 

Yes, we've seen this unfortunately be related to the themer plugin that the COLORFUL theme is using. We have it on our list to look into it again to see if there's anything we can do about it, but since it's caused by the plugin there may not be much we can do. Can you confirm if you get this issue with other themes that don't use the themer plugin?

Thanks for the quick response! I tried it with the default theme and was able to bring up the pause menu pretty reliably, although not on every game I tried it with. Maybe 90% of the time it works. Would the version of MAME have anything to do with it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, ShawnS said:

Thanks for the quick response! I tried it with the default theme and was able to bring up the pause menu pretty reliably, although not on every game I tried it with. Maybe 90% of the time it works. Would the version of MAME have anything to do with it?

It's possible if you're using a really old version of MAME that we haven't tested with.