LaunchBox Community Forums

Acorn Electron auto run games help

Plastron

Hi All,

I am trying to configure the Acron Electron using MESS i have the command line as electron -cass but this does not load the game you then have to type

*tape

chain""

to run the game how do you automate this please?

Edited by Plastron
make title more detailed

Joystick is a hit-and-miss with old home computers. You can try something like JoyToKey if you really (really) want. No luck with Archimedes. I use Arculator - - http://b-em.bbcmicro.com/arculator/ - but I have to manually launch single disks. You can try others too (https://www.emutopia.com/index.php/emulators/category-items/3-emulators/305-acorn-archimedes). Do you use MESS? Does it work, automation apart? What's your folder structure?

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 5:25 PM, Andragorn said:

I use an emulator called ElectrEm - http://electrem.emuunlim.com/ - (I never fully understood MESS folder structure), and it works fine with Launchbox with no need of command lines. My roms are in *ssd and *uef format.

Hey all. Trying to use ElectrEm for this... but when launched through LB it doens't load the game. The emulator comes up with a Basic prompt. Is there a setting or something in the emulator to get it to launch directly into the game?

Thanks!

On 6/21/2020 at 11:01 PM, fromlostdays said:

Hey all. Trying to use ElectrEm for this... but when launched through LB it doens't load the game. The emulator comes up with a Basic prompt. Is there a setting or something in the emulator to get it to launch directly into the game?

Thanks!

I did not add anything in LB setup.

electron.jpg

• The Cake is a Lie 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:12 PM, Andragorn said:

I did not add anything in LB setup.

For some reason I had "Don't use Quotes" checked. I think I was reading the other thread about Archimedes where that's recommend. Either way, thanks a bunch for the screenshot! Its working perfectly now.

Cheers 

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, fromlostdays said:

For some reason I had "Don't use Quotes" checked. I think I was reading the other thread about Archimedes where that's recommend. Either way, thanks a bunch for the screenshot! Its working perfectly now.

Cheers 

Did you guys have any problems importing Electron games via the LB import option? I can't seem to get the importer to recognize any files in my Electron games folder.

2 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

Usually when that happens just clicking "force import duplicates" works.

Thanks for the tip. I actually found out that using the import wizard means you need to indicate which emulator you will be using for the games. I chose MAME, yet it seems the wizard looks for MAME games in the database rather than Acorn Electron ones. When I chose a different emulator, the wizard worked just fine.

• Game On 1