LaunchBox Community Forums

Close mupen64plus glide gui when stopping emulator

tesserarcade

So here's my problem. I'm trying to get mupen64plus ui to close automatically when I stop the emulator. I was able to set the hotkey in the cfg file so that I could use the controller to stop the emulator, but that then leaves up the gui. I would like the gui to close when I stop the emulator. I had downloaded the gui+mupen from here https://m64p.github.io/ 

IDK if I should use autohotkey or if there's some command that I'm missing. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: Quick update, I've now tried the general emulator exit AHK and that doesn't seem to work. When pressing esc the gui is still left running. 

Edit2: AHK script was in the wrong spot. Had it in the on close, not the running section. Now the gui auto closes when I press esc. But I would like the gui to close without using the keyboard. Like I had mentioned, I do have a button sequence to stop the emulator, but that still leaves the gui up even with the AHK script in the right place. I assume that something like joy2key could work, but I would rather not take that route if there's another option. Any ideas on how to get the gui to close with by using the controller? 

Final Edit (probably): Think I got it to work. I'm fully using AHK now and removed the mupen emulator stop (didn't work the way I wanted anyways). Found this thread and used the script there: 

Ran into the issue that the hooks ($ things) chained together so whenever I was pressing start it was actually running my esc part of the script. Removing the esc part, and leaving this timer script seems to work for me.

Edited by tesserarcade
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 6:50 AM, tesserarcade said:

Edit2: AHK script was in the wrong spot. Had it in the on close, not the running section. Now the gui auto closes when I press esc.

Thanks for this. I had the same issue, putting the script in the exit AHK..because, well, I wanted to exit the game. Not very intuitive to non-programmers, but I get it now.

:)

5 minutes ago, CitznFish said:

Thanks for this. I had the same issue, putting the script in the exit AHK..because, well, I wanted to exit the game. Not very intuitive to non-programmers, but I get it now.

:)

The Exit tab is for Exiting from the Pause Menu. If you ever have issues with an emulator not exiting from the pause you would paste an AHK in the Exit AHK tab.

• Like 1