LaunchBox Community Forums

Add as additional app after the fact

Solo187

I like to have other versions of games as additional apps. This works great when you first import a set. But if you later want to add more roms as additional apps then you must add them individually. Is there no way to drag & drop additional roms over the top & have them added as additional versions?. If i try i just see no roms added. As they technically already exist by name only so it won't add them. Id like it to add them to existing games as additional apps. As it would if i were to freshly scan

4 hours ago, Solo187 said:

I like to have other versions of games as additional apps. This works great when you first import a set. But if you later want to add more roms as additional apps then you must add them individually. Is there no way to drag & drop additional roms over the top & have them added as additional versions?. If i try i just see no roms added. As they technically already exist by name only so it won't add them. Id like it to add them to existing games as additional apps. As it would if i were to freshly scan

You will have to import them and select the option to allow duplicates. Then they will import. You can then combine them with the existing from.

That was what i have already thought. But it's just not practical in my situation. There are literally a thousand additional roms to add. This is so simple when using arc browser on android. As long as the roms are named the same (besides tags in brackets) rescanning them will just add them together with the 'parent' rom. I need this functionality. It's capable of doing it when you first add the roms so I don't see why it can do it when you add more?

Edited by Solo187