LaunchBox Community Forums

NES rom not importing

bigcletus

Most of my games are showing but some are not.  For some reason, I cannot get Teenage mutant ninja turtles to show in Launchbox.  It is in the .xml

<AdditionalApplication>
    <Id>699ef93e-be8a-4ed7-9791-3a5faa56cbd2</Id>
    <PlayCount>0</PlayCount>
    <GameID>0e8d53bd-dd30-49ae-b473-93662b2f8c52</GameID>
    <ApplicationPath>D:\games\NES roms\Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (USA).nes</ApplicationPath>
    <AutoRunAfter>false</AutoRunAfter>
    <AutoRunBefore>false</AutoRunBefore>
    <Name>Play (USA) Version...</Name>
    <UseDosBox>false</UseDosBox>
    <UseEmulator>true</UseEmulator>
    <WaitForExit>false</WaitForExit>
    <ReleaseDate>1989-05-12T00:00:00-07:00</ReleaseDate>
    <Developer>Konami</Developer>
    <Publisher>Ultra Games</Publisher>
    <Region>North America</Region>
    <Version>(USA)</Version>
    <Status>Imported ROM</Status>
    <EmulatorId>f4dd4722-6f19-483a-a5c7-190f342aca3e</EmulatorId>
    <SideA>false</SideA>
    <SideB>false</SideB>
    <Priority>2</Priority>
  </AdditionalApplication>

any idea what I am doing wrong?  Thanks.

@bigcletus You sure it isn't there under the European name "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles"?  Reason is that your screen shot shows "Play USA Version..." which implies that is an additional application entry (i.e., game has multiple regions).  LB will default to grouping games together if there are multiple names but different regions. If you click on the database entry for LB, can see there is alternate name.  You could also rerun import and check the box that says "force adding duplicates" as well in the import setup screens.  dddd.thumb.JPG.fc4968bea5127f0df6cb448cffad6c78.JPG

• Like 1

@bigcletus glad you got it sorted.  I have seen sometimes LB will see something as a duplicate and not import depending on how ROMs are named.  I have seen this particularly with pinball tables where they have parenthesis and brackets in names but LB will see as same game and not import. So turning on import duplicates can force things.  You can take a look via the Tools, Audit platform function and it will show the “duplicates” in red highlight so sometimes that will give insight as to how LB is interpreting you rom file name setup.