LaunchBox Community Forums

Rename a single rom file (fastest way)?

Dolce Ardore

I run into quite a few rom files with bad file names.  Once a rom has already been added to LaunchBox, what is the quickest way to change the filename and sync the updated filename with LB?  Note that I want to change the actual file name, not the title in LB.

Right now, I do this: 

(1) Rename the file (e.g., in Explorer)
(2) Delete the rom from LB
(3) Drag and drop the renamed rom file from Explorer into LB and go through the import wizard with its many steps.

This takes quite a white.  Surely there is a better way?

45 minutes ago, Pixelpiper said:

It'd be nice if you could just rename the file and then rescan with "Scan for Added ROMs" or even better a combined "Re-Scan" which would check for removed, changed/updated and added at the same time.  That would be much faster when doing any kind of batch fixes outside of LB.

Yes.... if LB kept some sort of hash for each file in its database, then it would be able to automatically update itself to point to the new file names.

• Like 1

After a mass import, I end up with a lot of items in LB that couldn't find any match in the master LB database.  Then I rename each of the files so that it ends up getting the correct match.  That way I know  I have a good filename for when I need to import in the future into either LB or some other launcher.