LaunchBox Community Forums

New update has made big box unstable

Tackett1980

My build has never been quite stable.  Bigbox used to crash when exiting a game when startup screens were turned on.  So I disabled them, and it worked just fine.  It sucked that I couldn’t use that feature, but whatever.

Now since I updated, about the third rom I exit, big box crashes.  

is there an error log somewhere I can look into?  It doesn’t give me any windows errors, the program just quits.  

Oh and that issue with the program crashing when left in attract mode for long periods while using VLC didn’t get addressed either, it still does it.

Edited by Tackett1980

3 minutes ago, Tackett1980 said:

My build has never been quite stable.  Bigbox used to crash when exiting a game when startup screens were turned on.  So I disabled them, and it worked just fine.  It sucked that I couldn’t use that feature, but whatever.

Now since I updated, about the third rom I exit, big box crashes.  

is there an error log somewhere I can look into?  It doesn’t give me any windows errors, the program just quits.  

Oh and that issue with the program crashing when left in attract mode for long periods while using VLC didn’t get addressed either, it still does it.

In LaunchBox Under >Tools>Options there is a Debugging option. Turn it on. It will not generate logs that could be used to help troubleshoot if it shows any issues.

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In LaunchBox Under >Tools>Options there is a Debugging option. Turn it on. It will not generate logs that could be used to help troubleshoot if it shows any issues.

Roger, I will give that a try.

i did some google-fu and it seems that the few people that have had this problem has something to do with the Auto hot key script.