LaunchBox Community Forums

DolphinWX games won't load

jase7430

I keep getting an "Unexpected Parameter" error when trying to launch Mario Kart GP 2 through launchbox. The games runs fine if I open it just with the emulator. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jase7430

We might need a little more info before anyone will likely be able to possibly assist you.  Can you post a screenshot of your emulator settings for Dolphin Triforce in Launchbox?  The likely tabs we would likely need to see are the Details tab, and the Associated Platforms tabs in the Launchbox emulator screen.

That being said, my guess through, is that there is a default command line parameter that's missing, or misconfigured. I know for normal dolphin (not triforce), the normal command line parameter you want to pass to Dolphin via LB is -b -e.  If you're using an older version of Dolphin/Triforce it might be /b /e (I know Dolphin changed their command line settings from / to - a while back... not sure if the Triforce version of Dolphin switched to the using - as well.

Hope this helps,
CDBlue

Edited by CDBlue

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

i thought i was the only one having this issue.  i have the same exact issue. the game runs fine when launched from windows, but when i launch from launchbox i get the following error. any ideas what i can try to fix this?

We can appreciate wanting to get answers, but please do not post the same questions in multiple threads. Pick one thread or create a thread and wait for an answer.