LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch EasyRPG Core

JackieSmith

I'm also trying, scrapes as Windows. Tried the RA core, games are running 100x speed though. There should be an easier import for RPG Maker games, same like for Steam, GOG, UPlay... Just point it to your RPG Maker directory and it would scrape them as RPG Maker games. Should definitely be implemented, guess we're not the only ones. 

Top of the webpage go to Help & Support > Request a Feature. We track feature requests there so that other users can vote on them. This is personally a new one for me. Do those games not produce an executable you can just drag into LaunchBox? What information do you think we would be able to scrape and from what source?

It is indeed just an executable, so dragging and dropping works, I tested, although there's no media at all in the database, which I understand.

Like mentioned, I tried with the RA core but I don't see the point of running it through RA, as you can just run it as a Windows game, plus you're not only restricted to RPG Maker 2000/2003 games, but you can use games from any version. 

Problem is that there's quite many games available, so editing them all one by one takes loads of time. How to scrape them properly, that is probably quite difficult, as nothing really stands out, even the executable is named randomly.