LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue launching Launchbox

Kevlar2137

Hi all, I am new to Launchbox and am having some trouble getting started.

After adding a Sega Genesis emulator which appeared to work fine, I can no longer open Launchbox or Bigbox.

I have tried replacing the emulator in question with a fresh copy but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

888d86.png

25 minutes ago, Kevlar2137 said:

Hi all, I am new to Launchbox and am having some trouble getting started.

After adding a Sega Genesis emulator which appeared to work fine, I can no longer open Launchbox or Bigbox.

I have tried replacing the emulator in question with a fresh copy but it makes no difference.

Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

888d86.png

Well the error is telling you the issue is the dll for the plugin you are using. Those Fusion 360 files are not something that is part of the LaunchBox download. So for what ever reason you are using Fusion364 you may need to download those files again.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried a fresh copy of the Fusion emulator and even removing it completely. The issue now though is that I cant get back in to Launchbox. I have had a look around the XML files but cant see what to delete to make LB forget Fusion is present. Hope that makes a degree of sense?!

Just now, Kevlar2137 said:

Hi and thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried a fresh copy of the Fusion emulator and even removing it completely. The issue now though is that I cant get back in to Launchbox. I have had a look around the XML files but cant see what to delete to make LB forget Fusion is present. Hope that makes a degree of sense?!

Delete the files in Launchbox/Plugins, i have no idea what those are or why they are there in the first place.

I think I might need to make a fresh start and follow a setup guide.

I put the emulator there as a means of keeping it tidy. 

It was the Launchbox recommended emulator for Genesis. 

I can only apologise for how little I understand. I am considering purchasing an arcade machine from a UK company and wanted to understand how it all works first.

Ugh.

10 minutes ago, Kevlar2137 said:

I can only apologise for how little I understand. I am considering purchasing an arcade machine from a UK company and wanted to understand how it all works first.

Ugh.

Well, you definitely do not want to store an emulator in a plugins folder. If you want to keep it neat and tidy then emulators should go in the folder called "emulators". I would caution putting files in random folders.

Are you looking to purchase something that has everything installed/prebuilt for you or just the arcade cabinet and you set everything up?

Forgive me but 'emulators' wasnt part of the install folder structure so far as I could see. I have created one now and moved everything in to there and it is running again.

I am looking at a pre-built pre-configured cab from Bitcade but as I understand it I may have to add to it myself if I want anything beyond Mame arcade games.

Id like some consoles on there too so figured id see how difficult it was before I spent £2.5k on a machine!

I have asked them to install Launchbox instead of Hyperspin and have bought a LB license.

47 minutes ago, Kevlar2137 said:

Ugh.

The plugins folder is for Launchbox plugins downloaded from the forums download section, you shouldnt ever put anything that isnt a plugin in there. Launchbox scans that folder at launch in order to load plugins so files in there that are not for Launchbox will cause errors, like the one you saw.