LaunchBox Community Forums

Some roms won't batch import

Hyperstar96

For some reason, a lot of my roms won't import unless I try them individually. I have my roms organized by system, and the system folders have subfolders (hacks, homebrew, etc). Each rom is stored in an archive, with the archive in its own subfolder (example: "Sega - Genesis\Sonic the Hedgehog\Sonic the Hedgehog (USA, Europe).zip").

When I try to import a system folder, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it only imports some of the subfolders, and sometimes (like with FDS or Game Boy), it won't import anything. As far as I can tell, there's no pattern among folders that won't import. I know Launchbox detects roms in these folders since I'm able to successfully import them one at a time. I've also tried reinstalling Launchbox, but nothing changes. What's going on?

6 hours ago, Hyperstar96 said:

For some reason, a lot of my roms won't import unless I try them individually. I have my roms organized by system, and the system folders have subfolders (hacks, homebrew, etc). Each rom is stored in an archive, with the archive in its own subfolder (example: "Sega - Genesis\Sonic the Hedgehog\Sonic the Hedgehog (USA, Europe).zip").

When I try to import a system folder, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it only imports some of the subfolders, and sometimes (like with FDS or Game Boy), it won't import anything. As far as I can tell, there's no pattern among folders that won't import. I know Launchbox detects roms in these folders since I'm able to successfully import them one at a time. I've also tried reinstalling Launchbox, but nothing changes. What's going on?

image.thumb.png.48c356343722644b0bf84e04163af8cb.png

I have the same problem. Selected 23 files, Import as ROM files, select Force Importing duplicates but Launchbox will only recognize 4.

If I select None of the above, launchbox will recognize all 23 files but then I have to bulk edit to tell Launchbox what emulator to use.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Alright, I think I found the problem. The systems I attempted to import have roms with really, really long names that make the file path greater than 255 characters (usually thanks to compilation roms that include the names of every game they contain). When the importer finds one of these files, it breaks and doesn't try to import anything. Removing these files fixes it.