LaunchBox Community Forums

Can I use with no controller, just cabinet?

Gizzy98

Hi All,

Thinking of buying LaunchBox, I have a question though.

I've built an arcade cabinet running from a w10 PC, can I use LaunchBox with just the arcade buttons on the cabinet (With a wireless keyboard connected for backup)?

If so, would I need to go into each emulator and remap all the keys to what the cabinet buttons are assigned to or is there any easier way?

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, Gizzy98 said:

Hi All,

Thinking of buying LaunchBox, I have a question though.

I've built an arcade cabinet running from a w10 PC, can I use LaunchBox with just the arcade buttons on the cabinet (With a wireless keyboard connected for backup)?

If so, would I need to go into each emulator and remap all the keys to what the cabinet buttons are assigned to or is there any easier way?

Thanks in advance

You can, but Launchbox isnt really desighned for that, its designed for a keyboard and mouse. Bigbox is the UI designed for controllers. As for emulatours, yes you have to setup controls in them.