LaunchBox Community Forums

Atomiswave not working in Retroarch

mcfilmmakers

I'm running the latest Retroarch and have installed the Flycast core for Atomiswave (the tutorial on Youtube is outdated BTW).

Anyway, I've got the emulator set up properly in Launchbox per the tutorial. The games are imported. Everything is pointed where it needs to.

The only difference from the tutorial is I have to use Flycast instead of Reicast and naomi.zip instead of naomi_boot.bin (per the retroarch wiki https://docs.libretro.com/library/flycast/)

It says I can use a MAME format bios, so I am.

But none of the games launch. Launchbox just minimizes and nothing happens. When I try to load the game within Retroarch directly, retroarch says there are no contents within the zip file, which is not true... the zip files contain .ic## files.

So what am I missing? Retroasrch says I should be able to use Mame files as they are so... why won't it work?

Edit: The games all run in MAME so it's not my files causing the problem.

Edited by mcfilmmakers

Naomi does not equal Atomiswave. You need awbios.zip bios for Atomiswave. 

You should always verify bios are working. You load the core and then below that in the main menu click on information then core information. It will tell you if your bios are set or missing.

Another thing you need to make a folder called dc inside system and put the bios inside of there for Retroarch to read them. 

It will say present if the bios are correct and working

Untitled.png

Edited by Jayinem
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I set up everything an confirmed that I have the bios.  Retroarch 1.8.9 with the flycast core will not launch the game and it worked before with Reicast.  My video is set to GL, does that matter?  I click on .bin and last files. nothing...=(

Thanks!

Edited by latin625