LaunchBox Community Forums

Alternate font sizes for options page in a vertical theme?

I'm trying to create a theme using the Community Theme Creator which is an excellent program BTW. I'm building a vertical theme which the theme creator handles very easily. My problem is when going to the options page, the text is way too large to fit a vertical oriented display. I see some themes are using the Themer plugin to change the appearance of the Options page, but I'm afraid that's a little over my head. Is there any way to easily scale the text on the options page for my theme to be usable? I don't really care to edit the look of the options page, I just want to be able to have all the text in one screen and to be usable.

I've tried different windows resolutions (in portrait mode for the vertical theme) and tried windows scaling but nothing seems to work. I don't think (as a theme creator) I should expect people to change their Windows resolution anyways. I'm working on a 1080x1920 vertically rotated display.723954985_optionspage.thumb.png.36996d915835ec7f9a9c295885589134.pngDoes anyone know an easy way to achieve what I want to do?

Here is a preview of the theme so far.

as far as I know only work around if you want all the text to show up is shrink the text considerably, even if you do that it will still be cut off and hard to see what the actual option is and even if you redesign it from that pic it seems you have no room to place the menus and option. A scrollable feature would be a great addition to sort out your issue but youll need a plugin which includes learning C#.

Edited by wallmachine

7 hours ago, JaysArcade said:

Thanks. I might take a look at @faerans Vertigo theme and see if I can figure out the xaml for the options stuff he uses there. Pretty sure its using the Themer plugin. 

yeah its using eatkinola plugin.

If you want it to be the same just copy and paste from the OptionsPage.xaml & OptionsView.xaml

I did something similar with the plugin but in landscape

image.thumb.png.fe1fe093fc0fcc8cb11e6097d9e84252.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 6:43 AM, JaysArcade said:

Thanks. I was able to tweak enough of it to at least look similar to my theme. Not sure its good form for me to share the theme now that I've poached @faerans code, but at least for my use, it will work. Still need to fix it up a little, but here is was able to do last night.

@JaysArcade I am working on a vertical system now and would love to try out your theme if you are willing to share. :)

obe