LaunchBox Community Forums

3D Box image selection reverting / behaving strangely

invada

Hi everyone,

I've run into this issue a few times but finally thought I raise it. Similar to this post: 

I'm having issues choosing a particular image for LaunchBox to display. The above topic suggests that you can choose a default for each image "type". When I am looking at 3D Box art, I'm trying to select a different picture. The example game I have has 3 3D box art pictures. When I "edit" the game and choose between them, I get strange behaviour, sometimes you see the picture reload but stay the same, or sometimes it loads the previously selected one. Initiating a "refresh image" also has mixed inconsistent results. I realise I could probably just delete the pictures I don't like but I'd like to keep them and just select the one I like the most to be the displayed one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post a video as it's best to see the process and results. Thanks :)

Edited by invada
Trying video encoded with h264 instead as h265 doesn't appear to play with inbuilt forum player

You can set a default image if there is no image present. That is done through the edit platform and right click on the images.  So if you didn't have a 3D Box you could set a specific platform box to show in that case.  Capture.thumb.PNG.ea33880da98185b2409066e3d97cb42d.PNGHowever, if there is an image or multiple images of same "type" already for that game then there is no real way to tell LB to "always pick that one".  It would be cool, particularly for cases where you want to keep region media but want to display one specific one.  As it stands, LB tends to pick the last one loaded and most times it tends to stick, but as you found it will alternate to the other image at times (particularly if refresh or do download action). Basically, LB is treating those images no different than say if there were multiple screenshots. It picks one and displays it since all equal.  The only way I know to get the image you want is to delete all the others in that "type". You can also move the image to a "placeholder" category in LB.  I tend to use the "Fanart - Cart - Back" type for this since I don't use that for anything and rarely is anything ever downloaded for it. But it does allow you to keep it and retag it if change mind later.  

• Thanks 1

LaunchBox will randomly pick an image from all images of the image type it has been told to use for that image priority. If you are telling it to use 3D Box images and that games has 3 and all are either FOR the region that game is in or are not region specific than LaunchBox will pick randomly from the 3. There is no current way to assign priority to the individual image you'd prefer to see.

• Thanks 1