LaunchBox Community Forums

Did i screw up mame installation?

mikeh002

hello! I'm only a week into this launchbox adventure and there's so much to learn, im trying to keep up...i am grateful for all the online tutorials.  I have been wrestling with setting up bally astrocade and in the process i dl'd the exe for mame64, placed it in the launchbox emulators folder and probably stupidly commenced extracting everything right there.  Meanwhile im following another thread on here regarding the bally setup and im seeing that im supposed to set up a mame.ini directly inside the MAME folder.  well...i don't have one since it extracted everything right into the emulators folder.  which led me to believe that i didn't set it up correctly, and that i now have a mess on my hands inside that emulators folder that im not sure how to clean up if i wanted to uninstall and redo the mame setup....im not sure which folders from launchbox were there to begin with, etc.  ive been struggling with the bally setup for about 4 days so i'm admitting defeat and asking for any help, which would be greatly appreciated!  thank you.

I would just delete what you have in your \Launchbox\Emulators folder and set up Mame again in its own folder.

You don't have to have your emulators in the \Emulators sub folder of Launchbox, you can put it where ever you want. None of my emulators are stored in the Launchbox sub folder for them, I have them all organized elsewhere.