LaunchBox Community Forums

Two light gun setup on Sega model 3

clarkus

Tried follow the directions above and the cross hairs will not align with the site of the gun. I go back and forth from default to center. I can move the cross hairs all over the screen, but it's just not aligned. Is there a video tutorial on this? I feel like this should be way easier than what it's doing for me. Lol

Do you have a mouse you can test with to separate whether this is an emu issue or Aimtrak issue?

You only need to switch to default if you pulled the trigger on the other option and your crosshair is restricted. 
On the configure screen, when you center the crosshair and pull the trigger, does the corresponding block for that player sight move to the center also?

Is it not aligned on the config screen or in game?

Is it one player or both players? Did you calibrate both.

i just reset mine and this method worked perfectly. I have no capability to record a video but I’ll see if I can find one on YouTube.

Edit: Just to be clear, you are talking the alignment of crosshairs to where the gun shoots and not looking from the gun sight and the shoot location on screen doesn’t seem right? If so, that is likely calibration on the Aimtrak software.

Both guns show either a red box or blue box. 

When I pull the trigger while aiming at the center of the screen the box does appear, but when moving around its not aligned. 

The cross hair icon is on the other side of the screen. I select default so the box and cross hair both align, but after calibrating by they both separate.  

At the top left its almost aligned, but everywhere else its off by a foot. 

The guns work for every other emulator I've tried. Mame, sega model 2 with no issues. 

If I could find a video on this calibration that would be great. 

If not I think I'm done trying to have two players. Everything worked great with just one gun. lol 

Also on a side note, when rawinput is enabled it stops joytokey from working. lol Fun stuff. 

36 minutes ago, clarkus said:

When I pull the trigger while aiming at the center of the screen the box does appear, but when moving around its not aligned. 

The cross hair icon is on the other side of the screen. I select default so the box and cross hair both align, but after calibrating by they both separate. 

When you say aiming at the center, do you mean with the gun or you move the crosshair to the center?

You want to align the crosshair at the center and pull the trigger.

Are you able to post a video? This should be fairly easy, maybe it’s something simple we are overlooking.

That makes sense about joytokey. Curious, what you need that for while playing this game? 

I've aimed the light gun at the center and move about a foot to the top left to try and center the cross hairs also. 

Ill see what I can do about the video. 

I use Joytokey for commands on my arcade. Like exiting and stuff like that. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@clarkus…I have the same exact issue you described above. What exactly was the fix in the video you posted? Do I need to calibrate with the black screen prior to making the “input type=gun1” then calibrating with the blue screen? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by nyj780
Added tag