LaunchBox Community Forums

Two light gun setup on Sega model 3

clarkus

Was able to get Sega model 2 to work with demulshhooter , but unfortunately demulshhooter doesn't work with Sega model 3. Both guns work, but they only register as player one. Does anyone know of a good setup guide for two light guns?

Any help would be appreciated. 

What have you done so far?

Have you set input to use raw input and set raw input IDs in the Supermodel.ini?

I would suggest grabbing the newer Supermodel3UI to help you set it up. It will slow you to do this in a GUI instead of manually editing the ini config file.

There are detailed instructions on the Supermodel3 website in their forums, but you have to sign up (free), so I can’t post a link.

Edited by Headrush69

Hello,

Thank you for the above advice. 

I've tried both methods of mapping the light guns. Still running into the issue of the second light gun showing as player one. 

Can anyone provide there .ini information for there light gun setup?

I'm thinking it might be an issue with the gun's ID. 

When I set my guns up in the aint track configuration tool I have one set as 5 and the other 6. (Not sure if that interferes with this setup)

Thank you

Did you try changing the IDs in the the UI or the ini. Been a while since I looked at it, but pretty sure it wasn’t always ID #0 and ID #1 and it was mentioned playing with those numbers. 0,1 or 1,0 or 1,1. I know it sounds weird but I’ll see if I can find the original article. (That’s also why someone else’s ini might not work)

Do you have any other mouse devices attached as well? (Other than your Aimtraks)

From what I read, seeing an ID of 5 and 6 is probably correct for your guns.   "...as lower ones are usually allocated to the standard devices."   

Running "supermodel -config-inputs -input-system=rawinput" is probably where got the 5 and 6 from.  When you launch a game you will also need to use "-input-system=rawinput" in the command line for it to [keep] work[ing] as separate lightguns.

I've tried setting the guns up with manually editing my .ini file and using the config tool for UI 

They both work as player one. (see ini info below)

My light gun ID's are joy5 and joy6

; Light guns (Lost World)
InputGunLeft = "KEY_LEFT"               ; digital, move gun left
InputGunRight = "KEY_RIGHT"             ; digital, move gun right
InputGunUp = "KEY_UP"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputGunDown = "KEY_DOWN"               ; digital, move gun down
InputGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY5_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY5_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger = "KEY_A,JOY5_BUTTON1,MOUSE_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen = "KEY_S,JOY5_BUTTON2,MOUSE_RIGHT_BUTTON"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger = 0                    ; automatic reload when off-screen
InputGunLeft2 = "KEY_LEFT"               ; digital, move gun left
InputGunRight2 = "KEY_RIGHT"             ; digital, move gun right
InputGunUp2 = "KEY_UP"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputGunDown2 = "KEY_DOWN"               ; digital, move gun down
InputGunX2 = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY6_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY2 = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY6_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger2 = "KEY_A,JOY6_BUTTON1,MOUSE_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen2 = "KEY_S,JOY6_BUTTON2,MOUSE_RIGHT_BUTTON"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger2 = 0                    ; automatic reload when off-screen

Your mouse inputs are not right if you are using raw input.

Each mouse controller should have an index, so it would be something like this: mouse2_xaxis or mouse1_xaxis

Try configuring the controls just for lost world like this

.\Supermodel.exe -input-system=rawinput -config-inputs 'E:\Sega Model 3\lostwsga.zip'

(Change the path to where your rom is located.)

Edit: Here is an example from mine:

InputGunLeft = NONE
InputGunRight = NONE
InputGunUp = NONE
InputGunDown = NONE
InputGunX = MOUSE4_XAXIS
InputGunY = MOUSE4_YAXIS
InputTrigger = MOUSE4_LEFT_BUTTON
InputOffscreen = MOUSE4_RIGHT_BUTTON
InputAutoTrigger = 0
InputGunLeft2 = NONE
InputGunRight2 = NONE
InputGunUp2 = NONE
InputGunDown2 = NONE
InputGunX2 = MOUSE1_XAXIS
InputGunY2 = MOUSE1_YAXIS
InputTrigger2 = MOUSE1_LEFT_BUTTON
InputOffscreen2 = MOUSE1_RIGHT_BUTTON
InputAutoTrigger2 = 0

You will have to go into the game service menu and calibrate lightguns for each gun you use them as well.

Edited by Headrush69

So I understand putting the  -input-system=rawinput into the Command line for the emulator, but for the command .\Supermodel.exe -input-system=rawinput -config-inputs 'E:\Sega Model 3\lostwsga.zip' , what is the location for this command? (I understand that my file path is different) 

The rest of the instructions I understand. 

Thank you

Oh, sorry. That is from running from a command prompt or powershell from the Supermodel3 directory.

It’s easier getting it running from there, but if you still start from LB, make sure you turn the start up screens feature off and you didn’t click the hide CMD option, to make sure you see the input config screen.

Edit: Just to be clear, running the config-input option per game will just configure the controls that can be used for that specific game. Once configured it is saved to the config file and you don't use that option to run normally.

Edited by Headrush69

FYI, you may want to only use the -input-system=rawinput as a custom config for light gun games and leave the default as dinput or xinput.

Have you gone into the game service menu and done any calibration and/or checked the input test menu there as well to see what values are going to when trying to reload.

I sold my Aimtraks and I’m waiting for Sinden Light guns, so right now I just have a trackball and mouse as my guns, but I believe in Jurassic Park you had to right click and while holding press left click for reload. Can’t remember with the Aimtraks if it’s reload button needs that as well. (Or are you reloading by tilting gun off screen?)

Good advice. 

I've gone into the service menu once and its kind of a pain the the you know what. lol Ill look at it more today. 

I cant wait for the Sinden light guns. (Going to change the game)

I normally point the gun off screen and press the trigger for reloads. 

Thank you all for the help so far. 

So close guys! 

So I changed the InputAutoTrigger from a 0 to a 1 for both guns for the off screen reload. So no issues with off screen reload. 

Now my last issue is calibrating my guns. The service screen is kind of all over the place....not sure how to config the gun. The cross hairs will not center. (see screen shot)

0.thumb.jpg.f542b22ba71c91730dc68c394f2165c0.jpg

Any info on this setup would be great. 

Thanks again. 

I feel like I have a different rom from the one in this video. 

In this video it shows center,right,left, and bottom for calibrating the light guns. (Also the screen is black)

Mine only shows center and default. (My screen is blue)

0.thumb.jpg.544c282b6d6f1dc1e28bbb8fa1a9d53c.jpg

Sorry for all the post. (Just trying to figure this out)

So the reason I have a blue screen instead of a black screen is because I enabled "rawinput"

If I take that command line out the service screen will look black with the correct config info, but that doesn't help because I need rawinput for both light guns to work. 

So I'm stuck on trying to find out how to config both light guns to aim correctly in rawinput. 

Has anyone set both guns up in launchbox correctly? 

And if so what does your supermodel.ini , Games.xml, and settings in launchbox look like?

Sucks to be this close....

3 hours ago, clarkus said:

So the reason I have a blue screen instead of a black screen is because I enabled "rawinput"

That doesn't seem right. The game code shouldn't/wouldn't know what backend input system the emulator is using.

Edit: I just tried using both dinput and raw-input and that screen is always blue.

A couple questions: 

1.  What version of Supermodel3 are you using?
  2. Is your screen 4:3 or a widescreen format? (If you use the stretch option on a widescreen LCD, that will affect the aiming,)

Edit 2: That version in the video looks different because they are running the other rom version, lostwsgo, rather than lostwsga.

Edit 3: So what is exactly the issue at this point? You can't move the cross hairs in the gun calibration screen or they are restricted? If so, use the start keys to switch to the default option. Now switch back to the other option where you can calibrate, but make sure not to hit the trigger until you are on the center point. If you push trigger anywhere else you will cause the gun to be restricted to a smaller area.

Edited by Headrush69