LaunchBox Community Forums

Show individual games with groups of games?

ricedaddy7

You know how you can put games in a folder on your PC desktop and also have individual icons next to folders? Or how you can group games into folders/groups, for example on PS4?

Can I achieve this in anyway with Big Box? As of right now, I only have 2 options: show All Games or a filter/group.

Example:

|super mario bros 3|, |metal gear solid 2|, |racing games folder|, |sonic mania|

Edited by ricedaddy7

I also tried various nesting methods. The issue is when i nest anything it does not show games in the nests until the nest reaches the final level.

[platform cat]      [platform]   [playlist]
Installed games>PC games>favorites
-----------------------  --------------  -------------

game 1                 game 1       game 2

game 2                 game 2

game 3

this does not give me what im looking for unfortunately. this is what big box shows me

[platform cat]      [platform]   [playlist]

Installed games>PC games>favorites
-----------------------  --------------  -------------

game 2

Edited by ricedaddy7

That's because what you are doing is not really how BigBox layers things. There are 3 layers, so to speak. Platform Category, Platform, and Playlist.

1. Platform Category: You can create any Platform Category you want and name it what you want. A Platform Category can show any platform or playlist you want within it. It must be a platform or a playlist. It cannot show individual games.

2. Platform: All games MUST be imported into a Platform and a Platform only shows games imported in it. A platform can be displayed under any Platform Category you choose.

3. Playlist: You can create any playlist you want and even have LB auto create some. A playlist can show any game imported into any platform and across multiple platforms. Games are not imported into a playlist. It only shows games related to the playlist criteria. A playlist can be shown under any platform or platform category you choose.