LaunchBox Community Forums

Are the Gameboy/color/advance databases missing many images?

Madhead

Hi, I was looking through my Launchbox collection and have noticed that the Gameboy platforms have by far the most missing images. They do all have the front box art, but even then a lot of them are small thumbnail images and are missing the back cover 95% of the time. On top of that most of them have missing screenshots too. I don't have a huge collection of gameboy games (about a couple hundred of each), but they are all showing similar trends in their images. Just so you know I scraped my images from the default Launchbox database.

I'm not complaining or anything, I just want to know if this is an ongoing thing with the Gameboy database, and if it's being worked on, or if there's already a way to scrape these missing images? Thanks.

Edited by Madhead

The LaunchBox Database is community moderated and community contributed so it is always an ongoing process to add and clean up images. The more members that contribute the more data we can collect.  So yes, this is an on going thing, members of the community continue to contribute, and the only other way is for you to use other sources to scrape media. Emumovies is one source that can be scraped within the LaunchBox UI. 

12 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The LaunchBox Database is community moderated and community contributed so it is always an ongoing process to add and clean up images. The more members that contribute the more data we can collect.  So yes, this is an on going thing, members of the community continue to contribute, and the only other way is for you to use other sources to scrape media. Emumovies is one source that can be scraped within the LaunchBox UI. 

Hello Retro808, how are you?

I agree that there should be more control over the images you upload.

I have done a huge job collecting most of the front covers in better resolution, as I always try to improve the quality.

It could veto the size of certain arts.

Covers with a resolution below 350x350 are practically unused.

I prefer to limit it to a minimum of 400x400, as I can recover them.

Same thing in size. One, the cover with a lot of information in 350x350 of 10k doesn't help.

I know that the community is contributing, but filling up with so much bad image is sad for us.

About GB / GBA / GBC I had to recover almost 900 covers. Almost 50% of the total.

Think about whether you can do something that improves the image database.

14 hours ago, Madhead said:

Hi, I was looking through my Launchbox collection and have noticed that the Gameboy platforms have by far the most missing images. They do all have the front box art, but even then a lot of them are small thumbnail images and are missing the back cover 95% of the time. On top of that most of them have missing screenshots too. I don't have a huge collection of gameboy games (about a couple hundred of each), but they are all showing similar trends in their images. Just so you know I scraped my images from the default Launchbox database.

I'm not complaining or anything, I just want to know if this is an ongoing thing with the Gameboy database, and if it's being worked on, or if there's already a way to scrape these missing images? Thanks.

Will release tomorrow on my FB group  a full collection 1G1R for GB/GBC/GBA with full medias, all covers in 960p.

SNAG-0146.thumb.jpg.b705a35fed0b92b98c679f39d49d6db5.jpg

Claudio

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2020 at 12:12 AM, Cauptain said:

I have done a huge job collecting most of the front covers in better resolution, as I always try to improve the quality.

Same thing in size. One, the cover with a lot of information in 350x350 of 10k doesn't help.

I know that the community is contributing, but filling up with so much bad image is sad for us.

About GB / GBA / GBC I had to recover almost 900 covers. Almost 50% of the total.

Will release tomorrow on my FB group  a full collection 1G1R for GB/GBC/GBA with full medias, all covers in 960p.

Claudio

Wow that's excellent! Sorry for the late reply. Is there any way you can email them to me? It's fine if you can't, but that looks nice and comprehensive anyway. Great work!

On 7/4/2020 at 6:12 PM, Cauptain said:

Claudio

I have been looking for a quality box art set for these games.  how do I get access?