LaunchBox Community Forums

short and sweet question for inital loading...

Current BigBox state will not load directly into a single platform If you only have one or even into a specified platform if you have more than one. 

If Arcade is your only platform you can just set your Default Startup View to All Games. In BigBox settings >Options>Views and set it there. 

19 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Current BigBox state will not load directly into a single platform If you only have one or even into a specified platform if you have more than one. 

If Arcade is your only platform you can just set your Default Startup View to All Games. In BigBox settings >Options>Views and set it there. 

OK, I am posting a link to my other computer video i recorded and this is what i am trying to reproduce.   It's working on that other PC just like the video is doing.   Check it out and see what you think. I even show what my settings are. This seems to be in contrast to what yourself and others have said.    

4 minutes ago, gmee123 said:

OK, I am posting a link to my other computer video i recorded and this is what i am trying to reproduce.   It's working on that other PC just like the video is doing.   Check it out and see what you think. I even show what my settings are. This seems to be in contrast to what yourself and others have said.    

Thats just starting up in the platform view, which is the default in Bigbox. You are then pressing a button to enter the Arcade platform. This is default and as expected, so im not sure what you are asking?

Are you talking about the difference between the pic in your first post showing the Text of Arcade in the upper left and in your video it instead shows the Wheel View repeating the platform clear logo over and over again? I think what you want is the pc in the first pics to show that same wheel with Arcade logo, correct.

If so than on the system in the first pic you just need to change the view you are in. You can either go to the View settings in BigBox and change "Platform List View" to one of the Platform Wheel Views or in the keyboard or controller binding section map a key/button to the command for "Change View".

If you go to the View setting in both computers you will see you likely have Text View in one of them for the Platform view and Platform Wheel in the other computer.

Ok, the first two pics are what my first PC, my actual arcade machine build, is doing.  On that build, after the intro video it goes straight to that top picture, where it shows ARCADE.  I have to HIT the button to make it go to the menu with the wheel.    

In this video on my second build, just my normal pc where i putz around with gamepads,   what you see in the video is me not hitting any buttons after the video. It drops straight to that arcade bar top screen with the wheel. I hit no buttons. It simply went straight to it.  I then show what my settings are under options.     I want my arcade machine to be able to do that.  No matter what i set the options to on the machine, it will not drop straight into that view, like second pic is at, without hitting the button when it shows arcade.      Does that make it clearer?

10 minutes ago, gmee123 said:

Ok, the first two pics are what my first PC, my actual arcade machine build, is doing.  On that build, after the intro video it goes straight to that top picture, where it shows ARCADE.  I have to HIT the button to make it go to the menu with the wheel.    

In this video on my second build, just my normal pc where i putz around with gamepads,   what you see in the video is me not hitting any buttons after the video. It drops straight to that arcade bar top screen with the wheel. I hit no buttons. It simply went straight to it.  I then show what my settings are under options.     I want my arcade machine to be able to do that.  No matter what i set the options to on the machine, it will not drop straight into that view, like second pic is at, without hitting the button when it shows arcade.      Does that make it clearer?

Issue is both the platform level and the game level have wheel views. So simply saying you want it to drop to the wheel view does not clarify much. I believe I understand what you are wanting.

Can you reread my last post and see if that is what you are talking about?

I just tried what you suggested :)   That seems to have remedied the issue.  Man, it's subtle little things that can really mess with you on this stuff lol  I appreciate your help and clarification RETRO.         I would love to see a video walk through sometime explaining how each of these affects the other. So many little nuances it can all blend together.   Thank you again.