LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with videos playing after 11.0 update

KM_Zero

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting and I'm wondering if anyone can help me with an issue Im having. I just installed the latest update for Launchbox on my laptop and noticed that now all of my videos for my games are not playing at all. All correct settings are turned on and it seems my PC is fine and its only on my laptop. The video file location has not been changed and it still shows the video file for each game but I'm not getting anything. I'm wondering if the update caused a bug or something and if anyone else has ran into this issue. Once again unless I'm just overlooking something small, all settings, files, and folders are correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alright so after messing with it a bit more I noticed that the metadata menu has been completely redone and changed and also noticed that on the video section there are no video files listed for any of my games. Just added one manually but please do not tell me that I have to re add every game's video one by one. I have over 5000 games on my LB at the moment and that would just be an absolute nightmare. The older versions had a video path file that you could tinker with but I see with the update that it just says "add video" there has got to be an easier way right?  What am I missing?

All games that had the video path specifically set should still have those path set in the new screen. The screen also looks in the platforms video folder for any games starting with the title of the game (a few characters are turned to underscores for the file to save properly). If the videos are named correctly LaunchBox should still see them.

C-Beats yeah thats the issue though, I had everything set up perfectly before the update and actually went through each game to make sure the video was playing and was correct. Now when I check my video folder path for the platform it shows its still the one I set but they are no longer set to the games. As of right now it looks like I would have to re add EVERY single game individually which cannot be right. There has to be something Im missing here

7 minutes ago, KM_Zero said:

C-Beats yeah thats the issue though, I had everything set up perfectly before the update and actually went through each game to make sure the video was playing and was correct. Now when I check my video folder path for the platform it shows its still the one I set but they are no longer set to the games. As of right now it looks like I would have to re add EVERY single game individually which cannot be right. There has to be something Im missing here

Can you post the name of one of the games, and then the name of the video file that isn't associated correctly?

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can you post the name of one of the games, and then the name of the video file that isn't associated correctly?

Just a random game but I have BioMetal for Super Nintendo that no longer has the video file attached to it but the video file I have is titled BioMetal. When I go in and add it manually it works but in order for me to fix all my games I would have to re add them one by one. I have some screenshots showing the game, the video file that is blank now after update, me adding the video file that was on there previously, and the video playing after I had to add it

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

So in 10.15 you had that video set as the games Video Path in the edit screen? That isn't the platforms default video folder, so the process wouldn't look in that folder. Also is the path longer than 255 characters?

So before the 11 update I had all my videos in my F folder listed under Launchbox Videos and then had them in sub folders based off the platform. Example : F/LaunchBox Videos/Nintendo/Nintendo 64 and thats the folder I would use for the Platform video folder path. Then I would go through them because there would be maybe 4 or 5 games that were spelled differently or didnt have the full name of the game which an example of that would be in my n64 games I had Superman listed as Superman 64 but the video was titled just Superman, so I would go in and manually add the ones that didnt match. I did that with all the platforms and games I have on the program and went through every single one to make sure the videos were correct. Now after the update the video file path for each platform is still set to what I had it as but when I look up the metadata for my games it has removed the video file from them. Its as if the update just took all the videos off so I can only assume its a bug or something. However like I said, if I go in and manually add the video back it works but there has to be an easier way to add them all back without having to do them one at a time. Hope that makes sense

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

When you add the game to the Edit screen does it save the video in that directory correctly?

Im sorry but I guess Im misunderstanding because Im not trying to add any games in the edit screen. When I go to the edit screen on whatever game Im looking at, the video file is missing and I have to add it back manually

6 minutes ago, KM_Zero said:

Im sorry but I guess Im misunderstanding because Im not trying to add any games in the edit screen. When I go to the edit screen on whatever game Im looking at, the video file is missing and I have to add it back manually

Nah I mis-typed. When adding the video to the edit screen. Does it get added to that same folder?

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Nah I mis-typed. When adding the video to the edit screen. Does it get added to that same folder?

I believe so. However I noticed a couple of things. Everytime I was trying to add the video path folder to the platform to see if it would refresh it, it kept adding sub folders for theme, recording, and trailer, which I dont think it was doing that before and those folders it created were empty. Also since I downloaded the videos from emumovies they can in parts that I would add to the main folder. Example: I have Nintendo 64 Videos but when you click on it it will have sub folders for Part 1 2 etc etc. However I just dumped all the videos into one folder and it seems to work now which is very strange. I can only assume the update may have glitched with my original folders and I will just have to make new ones with all the videos for each platform in one main folder instead of splitting them into sub ones. Weird

No but I do have a theme video for each platform that was by itself in the main folder. The screen shot that I just posted shows how my folders look when everything was working fine. It would typically have the video snaps in the sub folders and the platform theme video by itself. Now when I just dump all the videos into one main folder it seems to work. I just did it with the SNES and now Im going to try the other ones

Screenshot (10).png

Yeah, Video Snaps need to be placed in the root of the Platforms Video folder, Themes in the Theme folder under that folder, Recordings in Recording, and Trailer in Trailer. Similar to how you see folders for the various video types in the Images folder.

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah, Video Snaps need to be placed in the root of the Platforms Video folder, Themes in the Theme folder under that folder, Recordings in Recording, and Trailer in Trailer. Similar to how you see folders for the various video types in the Images folder.

Yeah I guess I will have to go in and change everything but I did notice that when I switch to BigBox it doesnt play the platform theme video anymore but instead plays random video snaps for the games

Ok so yeah now Im running into another annoying problem. I seem to have found how to fix the video snap issue but now my platform videos wont play in BigBox. I have the Colorful platform video set and I have tried putting them into the theme folder and I have tried putting it with the rest of the video snaps and every time I open BigBox it just plays random video snaps of games for that platform. This is pretty heartbreaking that this took me weeks to set up everything exactly how I wanted it and with the release of 1 update I have to redo so much stuff lol. Please help :(