LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with Mame version 0.222

xsaschx

Hi Maybe anyone can help. I have download a mame Romset 0.222 and have insert it in Launchbox. The Emulator is Mame64 0.222. The Emulation is slowly and the sound has an echo. When i start Mame64 directly it is the same. When i start the Rom with Retroarch the emulation is ok. I have the problem with all Roms i have started. I have try it with Kung Fu Master. The Laptop is a 2018er MacBook Pro with WIndows on it.

Edited by xsaschx

It could be your MacBook is using the Intel GPU rather than the AMD GPU.

Also, do you know which video backend MAME is using? (D3D, OpenGL, BFGX) SHould be a setting in MAME64, you can try changing that. 

If MAME64 has a logging/debugging option, turn that on and you should see which it is using. Using the standard command line version of MAME it's a simple -v option.

Edited by Headrush69

Go into your MAME.ini and check your settings that video is set to opengl:

#
# OSD VIDEO OPTIONS
#
# opengl or d3d
video                     opengl

The other option if that doesn't work is to try this instead of opengl:

soft

That uses the software renderer which isn't as fast/comprehensive as other options.  Note that Retroarch MAME core only uses software rendering which may be why works on that.  Other than that, verify your graphics drivers are updated.

Edited by sundogak