LaunchBox Community Forums

Can You Move LB/BB To External Hard Drive?

arcadeknight

Hey guys, just had a couple of quick, stupid questions. I currently have LB/BB installed on my local C drive. Today, I got an 8tb external hard drive, and I'd like to move LB/BB over to it and run it from there. So is it possible to run LB/BB from an external hard drive, and what is the proper way to completely move it off my local and onto the external drive? Likewise, if RetroArch is apart of my LB/BB (as it's in the emulators folder), is that possible to run exclusively from the external, and is there anything special I need to do when moving it or any of the LB/BB stuff over to the external?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

2 minutes ago, arcadeknight said:

Hey guys, just had a couple of quick, stupid questions. I currently have LB/BB installed on my local C drive. Today, I got an 8tb external hard drive, and I'd like to move LB/BB over to it and run it from there. So is it possible to run LB/BB from an external hard drive, and what is the proper way to completely move it off my local and onto the external drive? Likewise, if RetroArch is apart of my LB/BB (as it's in the emulators folder), is that possible to run exclusively from the external, and is there anything special I need to do when moving it or any of the LB/BB stuff over to the external?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

If everything is self contained in the Launchbox folder then you can just copy/paste the entire folder.