LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible v11.2 Bug

The Papaw

I imported 1000+ Future Pinball tables and that all went fine. There isn't a lot of posters for them, so I created a template and am throwing the clear logo of the table on it to make my own posters.

Here is what is sometimes happening to me though: If I have a video snap for a particular table/rom, it starts playing as it should. I will then bring up the context menu and select Edit. I will copy the Title, then save my poster as "nameoftable-01.jpg" to make sure they match. Then select OK and the edit dialog box goes away as it should and my new poster shows just fine. All is good with that part. So I move on to the next one missing a poster. It goes fine for a while, then.....

Sometimes after doing one with a video snap, when I click on another game, the audio for the video snap that was playing, never stops. Even if I select another game with a different video snap, it will show the newly select game's video, but is still playing the audio from the video snap it gets stuck on PLUS the audio of the 2nd video as well.

The only way I can stop it, is to close LB, wait for it to do it's backup stuff and then it will finally stop. It is happening quite often, maybe 3-4 times in my editing 25 games. I added a video to show what it is doing, even after I close LB (when it is just show black screen at the end, you can continue hearing the audio as LB does it's auto backup)

I still can't find any particular thing triggering it yet....

Still on Win 10 v1903, all my drivers are up-to-date as well.

@Jason Carr Is there anything you can think of I can check or test?????

VIDEO EXAMPLE

2020-07-20 08-35-38.mkv

Edited by Wanderer189
Added Video

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Odd. Are you using Windows Media Player or VLC @Wanderer189? I don't think any of that code changed for any recent versions, so I wonder what might be causing it.

I am using VLC v3.0.11. 

I have a hunch, but not been able to confirm it yet. I think it may be something happening during the import and scraping process and having tables (roms) with similar names. For example, I have a couple different versions of Jaws tables, one is named maybe  "Jaws" and another named "Jaws (Ultimate)". Sometimes there may be 3 or 4 versions of the same table.

When LB scrapes, most of the time it will add them as say just "Jaws" if it is found in the LB DB or how ever many version there might be.

If I have a video snap already in the video folder, and it may be named Jaws (Williams).mp4, sometimes they will both use it. Then I come along and try to edit them. I edit the "Jaws (Ultimate)" to say that, so I know the difference when I am browsing them, I am also creating the custom posters for each of them. When I choose OK after editing everything, it renames the video snap to something like "Jaws (ULTIMATE).de468703-b26d-4d37-84bf-b395bab12200-01.mp4" with all the extra characters. 

I don't know if this has something to do with it or not. Or maybe if the "(" and ")" in the names have anything to do with it or even a combination, really don't know...maybe this will give you some ideas???

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, Wanderer189 said:

I imported 1000+ Future Pinball tables and that all went fine. There isn't a lot of posters for them, so I created a template and am throwing the clear logo of the table on it to make my own posters.

Here is what is sometimes happening to me though: If I have a video snap for a particular table/rom, it starts playing as it should. I will then bring up the context menu and select Edit. I will copy the Title, then save my poster as "nameoftable-01.jpg" to make sure they match. Then select OK and the edit dialog box goes away as it should and my new poster shows just fine. All is good with that part. So I move on to the next one missing a poster. It goes fine for a while, then.....

Sometimes after doing one with a video snap, when I click on another game, the audio for the video snap that was playing, never stops. Even if I select another game with a different video snap, it will show the newly select game's video, but is still playing the audio from the video snap it gets stuck on PLUS the audio of the 2nd video as well.

The only way I can stop it, is to close LB, wait for it to do it's backup stuff and then it will finally stop. It is happening quite often, maybe 3-4 times in my editing 25 games. I added a video to show what it is doing, even after I close LB (when it is just show black screen at the end, you can continue hearing the audio as LB does it's auto backup)

I still can't find any particular thing triggering it yet....

Still on Win 10 v1903, all my drivers are up-to-date as well.

@Jason Carr Is there anything you can think of I can check or test?????

VIDEO EXAMPLE

2020-07-20 08-35-38.mkv 7.18 MB · 4 downloads

Just want to update, this is still happening with v13.3.12