LaunchBox Community Forums

Possibility of deletion for our submissions

badflame

I think it would be a very good option for contributors to have the option of deleting their own submissions or, at a minimum, being able to do so before being approved.

Just yesterday I sent a clear logo for this game: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/74258 

Immediately I realized that it had a cleaning error, I corrected it and sent an improved version including a text that said that the first version was reject. As you can watch both have been approved and now the wrong one is littering the database.

Something similar happened to me a few days ago with a screenshot from another game.

If I had the option to delete my own contributions, now I could leave everything clean.

Greetings.

24 minutes ago, badflame said:

I think it would be a very good option for contributors to have the option of deleting their own submissions or, at a minimum, being able to do so before being approved.

Just yesterday I sent a clear logo for this game: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/images/74258 

Immediately I realized that it had a cleaning error, I corrected it and sent an improved version including a text that said that the first version was reject. As you can watch both have been approved and now the wrong one is littering the database.

Something similar happened to me a few days ago with a screenshot from another game.

If I had the option to delete my own contributions, now I could leave everything clean.

Greetings.

I dont mean to sound a dick here, but you can hardly complain if a image was accepted by a database user, when you yourself didnt notice any issues originally and uploaded it to the database in the first place. Adding some information to the corrected image to reject the first one wont work either as the person accepting the original image likely wont of seen the second one with the message, so accepted it. A image with a small issue is better than no image at all at the end of the day.

Submissions to the database need to be scrutinised by not only the moderators, but also the original uploader, as everyone involved in the process is human so oversights and mistakes can and will happen from time to time.