LaunchBox Community Forums

Pause buttons don't work

RevJoe98

When I go to the pause screen and click the save State, load State, or exit button it just resumes the game. It takes multiple attempts to save, load, or exit the game when it is supposed to do it the first time. I can't figure out how to fix it. 

I'm sorry. All platforms have trouble, and I use Mame and RetroArch mostly. Whether it's arcade or console, when I got the combination for the pause screen it takes awhile and sometimes goes black for a while then shows the pause screen. After that, when I click on any of the choices it just resumes my game most of the time and I have to try a bunch to get it to work. Going to the pause screen and leaving it also mutes my computer.

Retroarch and Mame should not have an issue with pause menu. What controller are you using and are you also using any third party software like JoyToKey?

For the audio try unchecking the option for "Mute Audio During Transition" in the Pause settings inside LB tools.

• Thanks 1

Did you find anything out? It's making me do the pause combination around 6 or more times to save the game, then I need to do it again to exit the game. It is still being muted as well, which I saw a topic for but nothing got resolved as far as I know. Thank you for any help!

Yes, it the sound seems to flicker when I go to the pause screen, and then when I resume, sometimes it goes back to sound, but most of the time it goes stays muted.  And when that happens, sometimes it won't even unmute when I unmute the laptop manually (The TV isn't muted).