16 hours ago, Cnells2000 said:

an autohotkey script

PlatformDeviceImage = D:\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms
Image = Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Device\SNES Controller.png

SplashImage,%PlatformDeviceImage%\%Image%,b
Sleep, 5000
SplashImage,off

Adjust the path/image accordingly.

But with a little bit of reading, this would probably suit your needs [and end up looking a lot] better.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

ok sir it popped up and closes properly but it appears behind the emulator after the emulator loads which is quickly. i have to click the mouse button to make it come back up for the cupl seconds it has left. is there any way to make it stay on top of the emulator until the timer runs out?

PlatformDeviceImage = D:\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms
Image = Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Device\SNES Controller.jpg

SplashImage,%PlatformDeviceImage%\%Image%,b
Sleep, 5000
SplashImage,off

Sleep, 3000
Send {Alt}
Sleep, 1000
Send {v}
Sleep 300
Send {Enter}

; This section closes Snes9x when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edited by Cnells2000

That was something I wrote about a year ago before I knew about being able to modify the startup screen.  Honestly, I think you'd be better off going that route (follow the link).

Not sure if this'd work, using this script, you could try to manually set the startup screen to say 5 seconds so the game doesn't come up so fast.

image.thumb.png.cbe455dcece2a4c0354e8a940cbb9875.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:00 AM, JoeViking245 said:

That was something I wrote about a year ago before I knew about being able to modify the startup screen.  Honestly, I think you'd be better off going that route (follow the link).

Not sure if this'd work, using this script, you could try to manually set the startup screen to say 5 seconds so the game doesn't come up so fast.

image.thumb.png.cbe455dcece2a4c0354e8a940cbb9875.png

i changed it to 8 seconds but the image still appears behind the game then i have to left mouse click to bring it back up for the seconds it has left. and when u said follow the link were u giving me a hyperlink? bc i dont see one

Edited by Cnells2000

3 minutes ago, Cnells2000 said:

i changed it to 8 seconds but the image still appears behind the game then i have to left mouse click to bring it back up for the seconds it has left. and when u said follow the link were u giving me a hyperlink? bc i dont see one

In his response to your very first post he linked to a thread about showing control mappings in LB Startup themes. He was advising using one of the Startup theme's that can display the custom control mappings before the game would probably be your better avenue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In his response to your very first post he linked to a thread about showing control mappings in LB Startup themes. He was advising using one of the Startup theme's that can display the custom control mappings before the game would probably be your better avenue.

thanks retro