LaunchBox Community Forums

joy2key script to open and close when i escape game

Cnells2000

is it possible to have a joy2key script to open up and close when i escape the specific game? if so can someone help me with this script please? and i know its a long shot, but if that script is possible, is the script also able to set a specific joy2key profile for that game and any other game it needs to change to and still do the other stuff?

Hey Cnells.

I do not have my gaming machine here with me now, but I can share with you the script I have in a couple of hours. It launches joy2key when the game launches, and then it gets killed when the game is closed.

In regards of opening specific configuration for specific games, I did that directly into joy2key. You create and save a profile, and then in the joy2key options you set with which exe file the specific profile will be selected for use.

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

Hey Cnells.

I do not have my gaming machine here with me now, but I can share with you the script I have in a couple of hours. It launches joy2key when the game launches, and then it gets killed when the game is closed.

In regards of opening specific configuration for specific games, I did that directly into joy2key. You create and save a profile, and then in the joy2key options you set with which exe file the specific profile will be selected for use.

thank you Sir. ill look for ur post later

Edited by Cnells2000

Ok, this is what I have in the "Running AutoHotKey Script", inside the "Edit Emulator" window for my MAME:

Run, C:\JoyToKey_en\JoyToKey.exe /m

~5 & Tab::

{
        Process, Close, JoyToKey.exe
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

This basically launches JoyToKey when I open MAME, and waits for the Tab + 5 keys input for closing it, before killing it. The Tab + 5 are my keys mapped to my arcade sticks to exit MAME.

Hope the above helps.

Edited by Kondorito

You can either add joytokey as an additional app inside the game Edit window so it opens before the game launches, or make the game executable a bat file containing the open and closure of joytokey as well as the game launch parameters.

I am not too savvy in these matters, so I recommend you to visit this topic:

Maybe your solution is already posted there. If not, you can ask as the users that frequent that topic know their stuff :)