LaunchBox Community Forums

Random weird Virtua tennis 4 teknoparrot question

sirgubster9

Just to clarify. Virtua Tennis 4 crashes for me if the sample rate for audio is set to anything higher than 48000 hz. in the windows audio properties of my audio device. I am assuming that you have connected your laptop to the display via HDMI. If you switch displays, you are probably also switching audio devices.

aaa.jpg

I think you are very correct. I'm switching from the laptop built in speakers to external ones that are setup next to the external monitor. I don't recall if I have ever tried it without both connected at the same time, it never even crossed my mind that it would be the external speakers that where causing the issue. Technically not the actual speakers but you know what I mean. I am going to try and check that out later this morning. Obviously super easy to test. And I'll let you know. Thanks for follow up. 

so i unplugged the external speakers and still didnt work, Ill double check the audio setting, but as soon as I unplugged the external monitor as well it worked again.  Im going to test plugging in the monitor once the game is already playing. but even if that works I dont know what I would do next.  

I am a 100% pc guy, I don't even have a laptop lying around to test with. If I connect speakers to my pc it uses the onboard Realtek audio device. If I switch to my av-receiver, using HDMI, windows switches to the nvidia HDMI audio device. I am not sure that what causes Virtua Tennis 4 to crash for me is also the cause for your chrashes. You didn't state how your external speakers are connected. But if you connect your display, have you checked which audio device is being used?

6eyAG.png

so i discovered it must be the screen situation, when I switch the setup to window mode instead of fullscreen it works!!!! i dont know how i didnt see this before, but here we are.  The bad new is when i use window it sets the resolution at some crazy high amount because i can i only see high the screen whether im on my lap top screen or my external monitor screen.  I know they say you can switch the resolution in the ini, but I cant seem to really find an actual virtua tennis ini file.  do I need to make my own or am I missing something?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, hoderer said:

@sirgubster9 any news on this resolution thing? its driving me crazy...

I had to download a new version of the game. They have different resolution versions of a whole bunch of the technoparrot games. I was able to find a website that had like 10 different resolution versions of the vt4 game and I got the one that closest matched my screen size... Atleast I think that's what I did. 

8 hours ago, hoderer said:

@sirgubster9 any news on this resolution thing? its driving me crazy...

For certain games to display correctly, you must right-click the game's .exe > properties > compatibility. Then set DPI scaling to system. At least that works for me on a 4k tv.

*Edit*

Added screenshot. (My windows language is in Dutch.)

Schermopname (26).jpg

Edited by Koroth

And while am at it, I want to make one more remark. Most games I know of with a resolution patch, display the 2d elements (like the HUD) in the original resolution and does not match up with the game's 3d resolution. Then the HUD becomes to small to read. I myself rather play TeknoParrot games in their original resolution.

thanks for the hints, guys! The DPI-trick doesnt work for me (have 1920x1080 resolution and VT4s resolution is still way too big, no change at all). I guess I have to find a different version with a different resolution of the game. I hope I find one. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, hoderer said:

thanks for the hints, guys! The DPI-trick doesnt work for me (have 1920x1080 resolution and VT4s resolution is still way too big, no change at all). I guess I have to find a different version with a different resolution of the game. I hope I find one. Thanks again!

Ya I tried all the tricks as well and nothing worked, but yes I found a "resolution patched" version like koroth mentioned... That was the only thing that would work for me. 

2 hours ago, hoderer said:

If I remembered where I got it I would send you a link but I think I found it somewhere on that emu...... Line... Place. 

1 hour ago, sirgubster9 said:

If I remembered where I got it I would send you a link but I think I found it somewhere on that emu...... Line... Place. 

thanks again for your help!!! and yes: I think I've found exactly that link/post you're talking about, but sadly the link is offline (the hoster was uptobox.com). Too bad: Many links from that long post are still online, just the respatched version of VT4 is gone. that's just brillant! :( I keep on looking.

12 minutes ago, hoderer said:

thanks again for your help!!! and yes: I think I've found exactly that link/post you're talking about, but sadly the link is offline (the hoster was uptobox.com). Too bad: Many links from that long post are still online, just the respatched version of VT4 is gone. that's just brillant! :( I keep on looking.

it all worked out well! I found a decent version and I'm glad! Thanks again for the great hints.