LaunchBox Community Forums

Media naming scheme

Macattack222

I seemed to remember in the update notes some time ago that there was a feature so that when media was downloaded, it would just use the name of the rom, ISO etc as in general it just uses the title name. I had been hunting for that in the settings but can't seem to find anything. Just curious if I dreamt that up, and if not, how to access it.

Thanks

23 hours ago, Macattack222 said:

I seemed to remember in the update notes some time ago that there was a feature so that when media was downloaded, it would just use the name of the rom, ISO etc as in general it just uses the title name. I had been hunting for that in the settings but can't seem to find anything. Just curious if I dreamt that up, and if not, how to access it.

Thanks

LB has been and still names the media after the game name as it is imported in LB. There is no setting to have it name it after the rom. Now, LB will accept media named after the rom and it will show that media in LB. But there was not update to add a setting to choose how it names the media.

It would be a good feature to have though. Having been adding a lot of old computer roms recently, a fair few of them share names which forces me to go in and rename everything to make sure LB doesn't mix and match media for them.
I don't remember if it was a feature that was on the list somewhere, but I also do seem to remember it being talked about or mentioned before, can't put my finger on where though.

I must have dreamt it up. I'm using another scrapper in the mean time. The reason I need it is I use RetroFe for really low end systems, or for friends who aren't interested in purchasing BigBox but want to play some SNES games. Many times BigBox can just use the file name, named media. But it's not crazy consistent. If I can do two birds with one stone it's a bonus of course.