LaunchBox Community Forums

Plugin Error W/ Coverbox

LK236

So before i updated to the latest Launchbox build my Bigbox was working fine, no errors and everything worked as it should.

after updating to the newest launcbox i get a new error when selecting a system...

"The Error E:\Laucnbox\Themes\Coverbox\Plugins\ListBoxScrollCenter.dll could not be loaded because Windows is preventing access to it for security reasons"

i never had this error before, only after i updated to the newest launchbox. i right clicked on the .dll and tried to unblock it but i can't seem to get it to work. any suggestions?

15 minutes ago, LK236 said:

i believe its the latest version on coverbox and big box theme manager.

however i just deleted the ListBoxScrollCenter.dll and it works fine again, so my question now is.... that file important?

It probably is for certain views, unfortunately. CoverBox has different views set up for each platform, so you may find one that it doesn't work right for. I believe what it does is centers the selection in the text lists.

23 minutes ago, LK236 said:

i believe its the latest version on coverbox and big box theme manager.

however i just deleted the ListBoxScrollCenter.dll and it works fine again, so my question now is.... that file important?

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It probably is for certain views, unfortunately. CoverBox has different views set up for each platform, so you may find one that it doesn't work right for. I believe what it does is centers the selection in the text lists.

That specific plugin keeps the highlited menu option in the center of the list, instead of say scrolling to the bottom of a list. So the actual list scrolls, not the box that highlites it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting the same issue here, ended up spending a few hours now trying to change folder permissions and unblock the .dll through powershell among other attempted fixes. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Same as the OP, Coverbox and the ListBoxScrollCenter.dll file. I tried both the Coverbox setup from the website and through the bigbox interface, tried updating and repairing through BigBox. 

BUT, I did end up fixing it by copying and pasting the a .dll file of the same name from another theme folder into the CoverBox one and it appears to be working without issue for every platform so far. So that should work for anyone else experiencing the same issue. Wish I had thought of it sooner. 

Spoke too soon! That created another error shortly after relaunch. Disregard. 

Edited by PatrickKn

I wonder if having too many themes across different platforms has anything to do with it.  My main theme is Unified, I have Coverbox for a couple of systems, and Colorful - Dark for another.  If I try to go to Colorful - Dark system, then a Coverbox system, that error pops up.  Same thing if I load the systems in the other order.  Yet, if I revert Colorful - Dark to Coverbox, no error occurs when I switch among those systems.

Edited by JMTL
Adding my no error situation.

19 hours ago, JMTL said:

I wonder if having too many themes across different platforms has anything to do with it.  My main theme is Unified, I have Coverbox for a couple of systems, and Colorful - Dark for another.  If I try to go to Colorful - Dark system, then a Coverbox system, that error pops up.  Same thing if I load the systems in the other order.  Yet, if I revert Colorful - Dark to Coverbox, no error occurs when I switch among those systems.

Yes, I do believe that is the cause of this issue (switching to CoverBox from other themes). Unfortunately I have not figured out any reason for it yet. It's on my list, but I haven't had any success in fixing it yet. Sorry for the trouble here; hoping to find a fix for it soon.

Hey all, I made some progress on this issue. The issue is showing up because of conflicting versions of the ListBoxScrollCenter.dll file. As a temporary solution, if you copy the ListBoxScrollCenter.dll file from the Colorful - Dark theme to other themes that use it (like CoverBox) and overwrite the other versions, it should resolve the issue. I'm working on a more permanent and automated fix for this.