LaunchBox Community Forums

SEARCH FORUM NEEDED

xenotoca

OK get that but what about all the other files that get imported it only needs the GDI file but I have to import them all then delete from the launch menu

some of the files have over 30 tracks, Nightmare Creatures has 90 the only solution I have found so far is to leave the files were they are and delete all the tracks on the screen before you import them. Surely there is an easier way

8 minutes ago, xenotoca said:

OK get that but what about all the other files that get imported it only needs the GDI file but I have to import them all then delete from the launch menu

some of the files have over 30 tracks, Nightmare Creatures has 90 the only solution I have found so far is to leave the files were they are and delete all the tracks on the screen before you import them. Surely there is an easier way

You only import the ,gdi files, launchbox doent need the other stuff. just go to your Dreamcast roms folder in in the search bar put *.gdi then highlite the results and drag and drop onto launchbox.

2 minutes ago, xenotoca said:

ok i can see the sence of that

Importing roms imports all the tracks as well and if you import into your games folder these all show up on the launch menu ( from were you can delete them )

if you delete them in the import wizard  they do not get imported and game will not run If you leave them in original folder and delete all the non GDI files in the import wizard this works but there must be an easier was of doing it

Thats only if you tell Launchbox to move your files. Either tell it to leave them where they are, or move them to the launchbox folder first and then import them. You seem to be trying to find issues where there arent any here. If you are telling Launchbox to move the files, but not selecting eveything, then thats on you not the program.

Personally i tell Launchbox not to move anything and i just drag and drop the files i want to import onto Launchbox. It really couldnt be made any simpler to import games, i mean clicking and holding a mouse button, moving the mouse and letting go of the  button is as simple as anything on a PC can get.

well that works but perhaps a hints and tricks page would help never knew you could drag and drop its only simple if you know hpw as there is no manual for launchbox and many of the tutorials are out of date as the program keeps evolving so a manual would have to be edition specific would it be that hard for the program to pick up spelling errors or the fact that there are errors in the game ie no tracks. My fault for trying for two days to get the games to work and the interface to tell the games were to look has changed since i last added games so thank you all for your help and instead of beating myself up will come here first