LaunchBox Community Forums

Filter out games with no image

twixter

Hello,

I discovered launchbox not even a month ago and around a week ago i've purcharged the premium and started importing my games and setting up emulators. (big thanks to ETAprima & Brad for they're amazing YT Guides Sega Dreasmcast was a pain to do:P)

Now that i have about everything setup i wanna focus on cleaning up my roms in launchbox.

First i wanna sort out all the non playable roms and things like demos so i would like suggestion key words i should look for for example:

- Intro

- BIOS

- GB Basic V1.06

- Music pack

I want to mass delete things like this in launchbox so i get a much cleaner look of my rom library.

Not sure if listing my current consoles could help with key words to search for i add them just incase

- Atari 2600

- NEC Turbograv-16

- Neogeo

- Nintendo 64

- Nintendo Entertainment system

- Sega Dreamcast

- Sega Master System

- Super Nintendo Entertainment System

- Nintendo DS

- Nintendo Game Boy Advance

- Nintendo Game Boy Color

I did keep in mind when importing roms to filter by file type like shown in the YT tutorials but i still imported a lot of unnecessary files.

Besides this i would also like to ask if there is a option to only show games that have game art.

Any help or tips are appreciated!

7 minutes ago, twixter said:

First i wanna sort out all the non playable roms and things like demos so i would like suggestion key words i should look for for example:

- Intro

- BIOS

- GB Basic V1.06

- Music pack

I want to mass delete things like this in launchbox so i get a much cleaner look of my rom library.

You should of done this the other way around and filter them before importing.

8 minutes ago, twixter said:

Besides this i would also like to ask if there is a option to only show games that have game art.

Under the "View" dropdown you can hide games missing specific media.

Untitled.thumb.png.0e708080d6d31c13f373d020c494dacc.png