LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox background process not shutting down when quitting BigBox (v.11.4)

rodclemen

Hi, after updating to LaunchBox v11.4, whenever I exit out of BigBox it will not close down the background process, so I am unable to open LaunchBox or BigBox again without doing it manually via the taskmanager.

Its the same problem regardless of how I start big box (either straight from the bigbox.exe or via LaunchBox)

Quitting LaunchBox is working fine (as long as I didn't open bigbox)

/Rod

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, bill the butcher said:

not a solution, but a work around I found. I side graded to the beta version and it seems to have fixed the problem for me. so hopefully, when the next official version comes out it will be solved, but until the try the beta version.

Thank you, I hold out until the next update. 

41 minutes ago, Fwiler said:

I just wanted to add, that I'm having the same problem.

I see when I exit, LaunchBox and LaunchBox Big Box are listed in background processes and I have to manually kill them in task manager.

This is a known issue that actually affected versions prior to 11.6 for some users. There are some fixes in the latest betas that have helped. You can either try the beta or wait for the official release.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, Retro808 said:

This is a known issue that actually affected versions prior to 11.6 for some users. There are some fixes in the latest betas that have helped. You can either try the beta or wait for the official release.

Thank you.  I've moved onto Beta release and don't have an issue anymore.